Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Belle's Brunch







This weekend I had the privilege to drive up to my home church and be a guest at my mom's table she was hosting for the Annual Belle's Brunch. At this brunch, women of the church reserve a table to host, and they decorate the whole thing...bringing in their own china, silverware, glasses, decor...whatever they want! Then they invite 7 other ladies to sit at their table. It's a great way to bring your friends who have never been to church, to your church.

This year my mom and sister worked together to create this:

Isn't that beautiful? This year's theme for the brunch was "Peace". Can you see the red "peace" signs on the table? They were red and glittery, matching exactly with the candle balls!

And remember in last week's Trendy Tuesday the wreaths my sister showed us all how to make in just a few minutes? She made 8...one for each chair, and each lady was allowed to take their wreath home as a gift!

Here's all of the ladies at our table...

We had a fabulous time! They served us hash browns, an egg casserole, pastries and we each got a bell cookie on the way out! The speaker was wonderful and the christmas music was a joy to listen to. We already have some ideas for next year's table! If your church doesn't already do this in the womens' ministry, its a great idea!

20 lovely comments:

Amy said...

What fun!:)
And the table looks GORGEOUS!

Happy Holidays!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

Fa la la la la! We had fun didn't we? I must say, our table looked more complete after we added more votive candles and serving dishes. :D All of the ladies did such a wonderful job and the men were so gracious by serving us...so well indeed!

SuperStev... still recovering from the Vallet Parking...yet it was a blessed day indeed! We praise the Lord for bringing you to Indy and back to L-ville safely in the snow and ice. Have a great day! Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

In Definition said...

what a great idea! looks like a lot of fun:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, congrats to Andy for his fine true life story and thank you for all who contributed! I loved reading them outloud to my husband on Friday night. Love hearing from peoples hearts and the traditions of love that make Christmas extra special in our celebration of Jesus, our Lord and Savior! This was one of my most favorite post! Thanks! Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

Megan said...

I hadn't heard of a church doing tihs..that sounds like so much fun! Your mom/sister's table is gorgeous! I love those wreaths!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love the wreaths on the back of the chairs!! Everything is lovely!!

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow, what fun! I loved how pretty the tables looked - and I saw how the fun paper wreaths made it there too! (o:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea - looks wonderful and I am sure all the ladies had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of FUN! And the table is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Great pics!!! I was so excited to see that Andy won the giveaway! I know he will be so excited! :D (plus he won't have to do as much shopping for me;)

N said...

The decorations are really pretty!

It looks like you girls had a lovely time! :)

Rachel said...

What a great day! Your sister is soo crafty with those wreaths! Love them!!! And the table looked so festive.

Liz Harrell said...

What a beautiful table, AND a beautiful group of girls!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the idea of that! And the table was gorgeous!

Erin said...

What a fun tradition!

Unknown said...

What fun! Ya'll table looked great!

Mrs Anne said...

Gorgeous tablesetting/family/idea!

tiarastantrums said...

that sounds like so much fun!!!!!!
I need sisters - or girlfriends that live near me!

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like a really lovely time and you all look beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! What a nice ministry idea!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker