Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Back to the Grind

What a wonderful Christmas Vacation! Hubby and I traveled to see family out in Oklahoma. It was great being back there for many reasons...


1. Family: We have not seen his parents, sister and other relatives in almost a year. So we cherished the few days we had to spend with them. Our niece and nephews have gotten SO big!!!



2. QuikTrip: Ahhh...the best gas station ever. And the BEST hot dogs EVER! I always get a hot dog and then an Orange Slushy every time I go. I'm thinking about opening up a branch here. Our city desperately needs one :)

3. Belk: One of my new favorite stores! It is nicer than a Kohl's but not quite like a department store...and I got FABULOUS after-christmas sales! Including the adorable skirt I have on today :)

4. Gingerbread Wars: We had a gingerbread competition with everyone in the family and this was mine and Zack's. I think we won the war!

It might be hard to see on there, but there is a Santa on the roof, and "smoke" coming out of the chimney! Also, the snowman in the front yard is holding a candy cane :)

5. Bedazzling with no Bedazzler: We all got a bag and these awesome beads. The fellowship with all the ladies was the best part! Have you ever done a bag like this with your bare fingers? Metal pointy things are not good for your nails...ps...I didn't use any sort of tracing or outline, so I hope you can tell what it is!



Those were just a few of my favorite things about the trip! I also got TONS of beautiful jewelry for Christmas from Park Lane Jewelry. If you've never heard of them, you should check out their website. I have started a collection over the past few years from gifts from Zack's family and I love every piece!



How was your Christmas Holiday Week?

13 lovely comments:

Elizabeth said...

Glad you had a nice trip!! Welcome back:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas!

I'm with you on QT I couldn't live without it. I love thier cappuccinos. They're the closet thing to Starbucks for .79 cents

N said...

A fleur di lis? (I'm not sure I spelled that right :D ) It looks nice!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE QT! I miss them so much from my days in Atlanta. I have dreamed of opening one here too. Glad you had a good Christmas.

Megan said...

Glad you all had a fun (and safe!) trip! I love your house..it's great! And yes I know what you made on the bag--a Fleur-de-lis..right!?! Very cute!

Rachel said...

Oh so glad you had a wonderful time.
I hope you have a wonderful New Year!

Whitney said...

Sounds like you had a great break! And I agree - QT is heaven.

Anonymous said...

I agree...after seeing your brand new skirt today...AWESOME deal! I LOVE your gingerbread house! What is the base made of? and is that a set like the one I bought? They look huge! Again, great job!

I agree, the Park Lane jewlry is sooo pretty, you looked pretty snazzy today!

You sound like a good sales person for the Quick trip "hot dog!" Where are these places? Is it an OK thing?
Looks like you had an awesome christmas! Love you, love, mom oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Erin said...

I have to agree that QT is the best of all gas stations. They have awesome DP slushies....yum.

Shala said...

How fun! I love the gingerbread houses!

I love QT too. When I was pregnant I had to have an icee every day for 9 months from there. I told my husband that I bet their headquarters has icee machines on every corner. I am addicted!

Sweet Simplicity said...

You gotta love QT! Your bag turned out very cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE belk's too. I found an adorable liz claiborne vest in hot pink...for 89 bucks...marked down for 62...then 31....and 23! it's unbelievably cute!
And who can afford belk's full price??

Aunt Julie said...

Oh, I love gingerbread houses! This one looks good enough to eat!!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker