Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trendy Tuesday: Vessel Sinks



In our new house, the bathroom is the ugliest room. I seriously don't know what they were thinking:

Look at it! Pink and black wall tile, with black and white floor tile and brown paint??? And don't even get me started on that sink...which is also my "vanity"...

So last night, Hubby and I were at Lowe's checking out this awesome new tile paint (I'll have to do a whole seperate post on that) and we decided to investigate the sinks, because CLEARLY this one is going to be replaced soon. As we walked through the sink aisles, the majority of them were the vessel sinks...which are very in style right now.

Here are a few I wouldn't mind putting in our bathroom when we remodel it...

Oh I LOVE all of these!!! I seriously hope this trend sticks around for a long time! And look at all that extra vanity space I'd get :)

16 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to #2. I would love to have one of those. The glass bowls are nice too.

Anonymous said...

I too LOVE this style, however, I like the one that has a cabinet under it...great for everday use and from watching an extensive # of hours of HGTV, I would say...it would make for great resale value as well... just a thought. :D

Whatever you select will be so very beautiful because the 2 of you will have made 1 decision. :D

Have a delightful day! Love, mom oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Megan said...

I think #2 is the most trendy not as crazy one..which I cannot really see someone complaining about that. It's stylish--not too modern. I love those though.. I would definitely be remodeling that bathroom asap! haha :0)

Rachel said...

I love this style too; soo chic!

Good luck on the remodel!

papertrails leaver said...

I prefer #3 because it does have the lovely storage! I am sure whatever one you select will be beautiful!

Tori said...

I love the first one! It's classic and really clean looking.

Have you guys tried tile paint before?? Because we tried it [we were in a similar situation...http://donswife.blogspot.com/2007/09/seriously.html...but mostly pink...] and we tried to paint the tile before we took it down and it chipped and wasn't worth our money...

Good luck with the remodel, can't wait to see the after pictures!!

Erin said...

I've never heard of tile paint...I'm interested to hear how it goes. Love the pedestal sinks--very in style! :)

Erin said...

I've never heard of tile paint...I'm interested to hear how it goes. Love the pedestal sinks--very in style! :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I got to tell you...I really like the pink and black...if the tile is in good shape and you replaced the icky sink with something more trendy I think you'd have a really retro chic bath!

Anonymous said...

Love the 3rd one down (the rustic looking one)...lots of space, practical and much better for resale! Tell me what you think of tile paint. We wanted to know if it was worth doing as a temporary face lift in our kitchen until we can afford the real deal. :o)

BTW...I love your blog...I get so many great ideas! :o)
Angie Yeats

Heathahlee said...

Ooh, I love those too! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I really like the tile but I can't wait to see what ya'll do..

Sweet Simplicity said...

You can paint tile?? I had no idea. You will have to share the results of that with us.

Amy said...

Any of those bathroom sinks would be lovely! My mother always says the same thing about her kitchen. She wonders what the original builders were thinking when they put approximately two inches of counter top space (give or take)on either side of the stove in her kitchen.;)

Happy New Year!:)
God Bless,
Amy:)

Melinda said...

I'm with ya-we only have one bathroom and our sink is very similar so I have zero counter space. Good luck with the remodel!

Pleasant Living said...

cool sinks. I've been a huge fan of that tub and tile paint for several years now, as I cheaply updated the bathrooms in my 1958 house. it's great!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker