Monday, November 17, 2008

Hollywood Superstar

I have returned! Refreshed, rejuvenated and a celebrity :)


Well, maybe not the last one, yet...but after Friday, December 19, everyone will have seen me as a contestant on Wheel of Fortune and want my autograph...maybe even to be interviewed on Regis and Kelly Live or something :)

An extra week of sabbatical was added on due to the job change fiasco that awaited my return on Monday. Things have been too busy during this transition to come back to The Pink Potpourri, so thank you for your patience during this time!

This week is going to be a bit different...because the trip was so long and so extensive, I will be putting up some pictures from the trip each day and sharing about it! Cameras were NOT allowed in the Sony Studios where Wheel of Fortune is taped, so I won't be able to show you any pics of that, but you'll be able to see for yourself how it went on Friday, December 19th!

I know what you're thinking..."Enough of the blah, blah, blah. Let's see some pictures!" So here ya go...

We arrived in Los Angeles a day early, so we decided to check out some of the local hot spots. Before the sun set, we went to the pier on Venice Beach...








My parents arrived earlier in the week, and had already scoped out some great places to visit and eat. They took us to this little italian outdoor restaurant right down the street from the pier. i could have eaten EVERYTHING. they serve these unlimited mini rolls covered with oil and spices. it was pure goodness.



doesn't this pictures make your mouth water? it was the best combination of spices ever...


since this was an outside dining area, there was this beautiful fountain. we're enjoying our lovely dinner, and all of a sudden we hear this rapid splashing a squaking. a posse of birds had decided it was bathtime! by the time i got my camera out, only one bird was left, but there were about 5 or 6 of these guys flailing their wings everywhere. i'm glad they didn't seat us next to the fountain :)

we also went and did some sight seeing at a few of these locations. we have tons of pictures so i'll put more "detailed" ones up later this week.
And finally, upon returning to our hotel room, we found this gift arrangement from my parents! since they had been there a few days ahead of us for a business trip, they got us these great gifts when they toured Sony Studios!
Well, its great to be back. I can't wait to catch up with all of you!!


24 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK MS. Pink and her Potpourri!!! I know all must have missed you greatly...for I have. After repeatedly checking your site, I was excited beyond belief to see that you have surfaced amid your array of new duties and moving to be triumphantly situated back as author of the p.p.! YEA!

LOVE the Pictures...Keep them coming! A trip down memory lane for SuperStev and myself! :D

Have a terrific Monday! Lots of Love and welcome back for it made my day! Love, mom oxoxoxox

sassy stephanie said...

Yay! Glad to have you back! Looks like quite an experience!

That kissy face pic on the beach? Frame it! It's awesome!

Whitney said...

Sooooo happy to have you back! I have definitely been missing you!!! :) Looks like a great first day - can't wait to see the rest. Although, I have seen a few pictures on facebook, but these are definitely more detailed. Can't wait to see how you did!!!

Nancy said...

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear and see more about it!

Megan said...

I am glad you are back!! I can't wait to find out how you did!! My favorite college professor was on WOF and so I know it has to be hush hush until it airs. I will DEFINITELY be watching that night! Sounds like you have a lot going on, hopefully you will find time to unwind!

Elizabeth said...

So glad you are back... can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Anonymous said...

o that must have been amazing!!! cant wait to see you on WHEEL OF FORTUNE!!!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Glad your back! Looks like you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Kelly said...

so fun! thanks for sharing the pictures! we've all been waiting your return! missed you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! Looks like you had a great time!

danielle said...

what a FUN trip! :)

Amy said...

Welcome back. I love the beach photos. Can't wait to hear and see more :D

Michele said...

Welcome back...kept checking on ya while you were gone...waiting for news on WOF. Glad you had a great time! Can't wait to see more pictures!

I've already marked 12/19 on the calendar!

Hugz,
Michele

Weeksie50 said...

I am super excited that you are back.. I missed reading your post..
I will have to program a reminder on the ole dvr when I get home for the 19th.. FUN.

Angi said...

Looks like you had a FABULOUS time!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I'm glad you had a great trip, but I'm also glad your back. Looking forward to reading more and seeing more pictures. I've marked my calendar for the 19th, but please remind us.

Rachel said...

So glad to have you back I kept checking to see when the Sabbatical was going to be over! I can't wait to watch you on TV and say "I know her and her blog"...well I know you through your blog.

How did you get a chance to be on the show?

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE that picture of y'all kissing on the beach! You should frame that one!

I've got the 19th marked on my calendar! Can't wait to watch!

I love quaint little restaurants like that Italian place. Makes you feel like you've actually experienced the area, not just eaten at chain restaurants like you could get at home.

tootie said...

Wheel of Fortune??? That is SO cool! I hope you enjoyed every second of it!

Mrs Anne said...

Yay I'll take a W please... and solve the puzzle.... WELCOME BACK PINK POTPOURRI!

You were missed dearly! But i'm so glad you had fun!!! Didya win???

:) love the pics!

Mrs Anne said...

p.s. i want an autograph.

p.p.s. was Vanna nice in person?

N said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had lots of fun!! :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

What fun! Your mom looks SO much like a friend of mine...it's amazing!

Aunt Julie said...

Thanks so much for sharing, and Welcome Back! A Quick Question: Didja win? :)

BTW, I'm celebrating 150 Posts...please come visit soon!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker