Friday, October 24, 2008

Sabbatical...

Well, friends, the time has come. I need to take a sabbatical. A time of refreshment and rejuvenation. I need a break.



For the next two weeks, I will not be updating The Pink Potpourri on a daily basis. I may randomly post a pic or two from WHEEL OF FORTUNE! but other than that, I will be stearing clear of the internet.

Its great to have times in life of refreshment and retreat. I highly recommend it. When I return, I will have a lot of interesting stories and pictures to share!

But until then, don't cry...I will be back. And I encourage you to take a time of "sabbatical" in your own life...from something that consumes your time and prevents you from enjoying the finer, more important things in life :)

27 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice "break" - we will miss you!

sassy stephanie said...

Have a nice time! R&R is good for the soul!

Anonymous said...

LOVELY! Refreshment! Ah, it's the ONLY way to go! Cannot wait to be apart of your WOF experience! It will be delightful! And that beach thing...PERFECT! See ya, Love, mom oxoxoxoxooxooxoxox

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break and we'll be here when you get back.

Elizabeth said...

Enjoy!! Hope you have a great time in California and away from your website:) Hap and I recently got away from everything, cell phones, internet, etc... it was wonderful!

Jennifer Owens said...

Some time off is always nice - enjoy your break.

And can't wait to see the Wheel of Fortune updates! (o:

Heathahlee said...

We will miss you but I understand! I'm thinking about taking one myself!

G. said...

we'll miss you! Have a nice break!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Have a relaxing time! We will miss you! (btw, I tried commenting on your blog yesterday and blogger was doing something really weird--not sure what was going on!)

Michele said...

Hope you enjoy your break...we'll miss you! Good luck on WOF!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Have a great time and enjoy WOF!!! :O) Angie Y.

Aunt Julie said...

Have a wonderful time away from tap, tap, tapping on the keyboard! If you DO check in, BTW, don't forget that we're starting a Great New Pop'rs Halloween Giveaway at my place today...22 different, fun prizes. Even Previous Winners like you are eligible, too...Come play, today!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Enjoy yourself...we'll be here when you return.

Anonymous said...

ill miss your post, but i hope you have a WONDERFUL time on wheel of fortune!

Rachel said...

Have a great relaxing time...are you taking one from work too! I would love a sabbatical!

Alison Mayes said...

Good Luck on Wheel of Fortune!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Allie! Have a great time in Cali and good luck on WOF! Can't wait to tune in!!!
Love,
JH

Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful rest! God bless.

Amanda A Gordon said...

I AGREE! My husband and I are also going on a 'fall break' this weekend.

Mrs Anne said...

thinking good thoughts of you!
niss ya my friend
hope you are enjoying your time!

Liz Harrell said...

Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
Liz & Mabel

Ginny said...

Enjoy your time away. I think I will be doing that sometime around christmas time!

Megan said...

Can't wait for an update when you come back!!

Anonymous said...

o gosh i really miss your post! i have been checking for them like every day!! but enjoy your sabbatical!!!

Anonymous said...

Nov. 8th...WELCOME HOME! L-ville, your hometown! :D a tee hee hee! Well, you certainly have been around the block! Dad and I had such a wonderful time and a treasured memory of our trip to LA to see you on WOF!!! We were ever so proud! Your husband?!!? Pleased as punch an so proud and a bit nervous for you...he was so very very excited and I would not ever have missed that moment...no not ever!
We have loved watching your week of much needed r&r on facebook and now we praise the Lord for your safe return!
We look forward to seeing you on sunday...for your Fez, he misses his owners...and "freedom" to romp! Oh, ms. elle, she is going to be in such deep depression. :( Whatever will she do without her faithful companion fez?
We love you and cannot wait to see you on Dec. 19th on WHEEL....OF....FORTUNE!!!! Applause, Applause, Applause! God Bless, Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

tiarastantrums said...

hope you are having a nice bloogy break - mine is coming up soon with the holidays upon us!

Kelly said...

ok, now this is just out of hand, woman! I know you have a "new" job and all, but come on, how long does it take to whip up a small little trendy tuesdaY?! I gave you one on my blog, for pete's sake, and I give you permission to use it :D Talk to you soon!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker