Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Weekend at Home

The husband has been a super busy bee lately. In fact, I haven't really seen him since Wednesday night. I mean, he's at home...but only during the sleeping hours. Last night he didn't get home until after midnight. Overall, I've seen him about 3-4 hours since last Wednesday :(





So what is a girl to do? Go home :) I drove up to my parents house on Friday and spent some time with them, eating yummy food, practicing for Wheel of Fortune, and of course shopping :)

My mom made this phenominally rich, delicious, addictive cake. Its a chocolate cake with homemade caramel icing. YUM!



On Saturday morning, we got up super early to hit all the garage sales around the neighborhood. It was so early in the morning, it was freezing outside, and i did not bring a jacket. So i found this one in the closet:


Hey, it was 7 am...as you can see in the background, it was still dark out...and i had no make up on...and NO I did not actually wear it shopping...

Well, I got a SUPER deal at a garage sale...a garbage disposal for our new house! Every girls' dream buy :)


And finally, Saturday afternoon we arranged a meeting with our personal shopper, Deborah, who helped me pick out my Wheel of Fortune ensemble! I went with a solid, short sleeve bright purple shirt. You can see it when you watch me on Wheel of Fortune!!! :)
PS...click here for a great giveaway from The Glamerous Housewife!

15 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think my mom has that same jacket!

Anonymous said...

OK! LETS CLARIFY something here!!! THAT IS NOT my jacket!!! It is Your GRANDMOTHER'S jacket from about 15 years ago!!! I keep telling your grandfather that we HAVE to give these things to goodwill....HENCE my BIGGEST reason YET for doing such a task!!! NOW I have this jacket attatched to my name somehow...I think there needs to be a retraction! I don't mind being exalted for my fine baking skills HOWEVER...people think this jacket from ANOTHER century IS mine!!! Well, I must go.... at next glance I hope you can repair the "damage' to my image! :D (of course, all in fun!) :D Love you! Love, mom xoxooxoxoxo

Sweet Simplicity said...

That jacket is cracking me up! And the cake has me salivating...I look real pretty right now! :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! This is so exciting! I can't believe I know someone who is going to be on Wheel of Fortune! I really wish you could wear that coat when you go on. It would DEFINITELY set you apart from the other contestants. You look very pretty without makeup on! Your mom's cake also looks VERY PRETTY : ) Hope your week is fabulous!

Megan said...

Laughing so hard at that jacket!! I think I had one JUST like that growing up! ;) Sucks you haven't seen hubby much..but going home was a good idea!! Dave is getting ready to go on a week long business trip and I was planning on going home to my parents house during that time too!

Jennifer Owens said...

That cake looks delicious - chocolate AND caramel?! Yum!

I'm still so excited about that wheel of fortune thing - though I'm glad you won't be wearing that jacket on the show! (o;

Unknown said...

Oh, gotta love the jacket. Looks fabulous on you. Have you considered that for Wheel of Fortune. I think it would be a huge hit.

Kelly said...

um, scuse, hasn't jillian already won?! j/k! i definately think you need to bring that jacket incase you get cold on the set of WOF :D I had a great time with you this weekend! It was fun just being the 4 of us! it doesn't happen that often anymore, and I REALLY enjoyed it! can't wait to see you again! ...but i don't know if that will happen before you become a Star!

Erin said...

Wow...gotta love that jacket! I'm with the others--maybe you should wear THAT on Wheel of Fortune! ;)

Weeksie50 said...

I love garage sales.
That cake looks devine..
I am sorry you are missing your husband.. Here is hoping things slow down soon..

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

LOL, that is one hot 80s jacket! That cake looks soo yummy! Sounds like a great WOF outfit :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Holy Cow...I want that cake!

sassy stephanie said...

Pllleaaase post mom's cake recipe. Yum. Yum. Yum.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

OMG! I think your mom's response had me almost peeing my pants HA!

I wish we could have a garbage disposal! We're not on city water or sewage so its more of a hassle then a help.

N said...

Ohh, that cake looks soo good!! Yummy!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker