Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trendy Tuesday - Shades of Purple

Yesterday at 11:44 am it was officially FALL SEASON! I am so ready for jeans, sweaters, bonfires, fall foliage, and that crisp air. This season, the new fall color is purple! At first, I was thinking, "Eeewe. I refuse to wear purple. I guess I won't be in style this fall." But after flipping through numerous magazines, I'm hooked. I even have a shade of purple nail polish on :)

Here are some of the fabulous fall trends in purple I've already fallen in love with:








Jessica Simpson's "Maura" shoes

BCBG Silk Charmeuse Top



Forever 21 Crochet Scarf

Ok, time to do some shopping :) What is your favorite fall color, or new item you can't wait to wear?

24 lovely comments:

Weeksie50 said...

I love love love purple too..
But I also like to wear browns and rusty orange colors..

I have to get me some of that fun OPI Purple Polish..

Expat No. 3699 said...

I was just thinking that I'm not really into purple and I just realized I'm wearing a purple top right now. Guess I was wrong.

Liz Harrell said...

It's funny. I love to wear purple, but I never decorate with it. Great fall color, I also wear a lot of orange too.

Anonymous said...

Love those nail polish colors!

I love the wear scarfs!! I have a bunch and just think its so fun to have one wrapped around my neck keeping me warm!

Whitney said...

I Love the plum-ish colors. I love all fall colors - gold, deep yellows, plums & purples, BROWNS - ah! Love them all.
I actually just ordered some plates from PB for fall that have lots of deep purples in them. Love it! Oh, and my swap buddy and I waited until the last day to get our stuff in the mail, so I will send you pix just as soon as I recieve it!

Unknown said...

Black is my most favorite color : ). For every season! Sadly, I need to hide fat...but purple rocks! I LOVE those nail polish colors. I want to get 'You Don't Know Jaques' today!

Amy said...

I love purple, next to my fave Red! I also like Browns and earth tones for the fall.

Meagan said...

I recently came across your blog and I love it!!! I also love the fall and have stocked up on several purple polishes. My favorite fall color is chocolate brown!

Annikke said...

I wasn't so sure about the purple either, but it is starting to grow on me! I just bought my first purple...I bought some nail color. (I know, going all out! LOL)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I'm loving the purple! It is so pretty and vibrant! I want some new fall clothes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Purple is everywhere! My mom and I went shopping this weekend and she got a really cute purple shirt. It's growing on me! I love brown myself. I do have a shade of purple nail polish on my toes right now though - hott!! :)

JH

Me in Memphis said...

I love the new plum purple hues. I saw purple everywhere this weekend when I was out shopping. I even bought 2 purple shirts and a grey and purple dress. :)

Rachel said...

I'll fit right in as my fave color is Purple...woohooo!

THE Stephanie said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm with you... the purple thing was a jump at first, but I think I may be hooked!!

Mrs Anne said...

Im' not really a fan of purple... initially... until i saw those OPI colors!!

I'm a french manicure girl always, but the toes are up for options! :)

As for my fall favorites... sweaters, dansko's with comfy socks, and long pants. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PURPLE!!!

Thank you for sharing those ideas for the fall.

I am going to have to take a closer look at that nail polish!

Angie

sassy stephanie said...

I am a naked (clear) or french polish on the fingers girl, but my toes always reflect the season. My toes got their "fall" makeover this weekend. I love the deep purples and blood reds.

Megan said...

I am definitely in love with those pics! I dont think I own anything purple though...looks like I need to get on that!

My Little Nest said...

I don't even know where I found your site, but pink is my favorite color, so it caught my eye! My favorite new item is a 3/4 sleeve cotton top from Ann Taylor, with a wrap around piece of fabric...lots of blues with some black and plums intermixed. Robin.

Sandra said...

Oh, my closet is full of purple, so I'll be right in style. And I love those shoes, too bad I can't wear heels since I broke my foot a couple years ago. Bummer. And I have all that OPI polish. I love purple.

tiarastantrums said...

ha ha - yes it is so fall colors - I already switched my nail color from a french to red!!

But _ I can't pull off purple - my hair is red! Doesn't work!

G. said...

I love the shoes! I also like the blouse. I sent my SWAP buddy a bottle of purple nail polish in her package!

Sandra said...

Tiaras and Tantrums- I have red hair too and wear purple all the time. I just have to be careful of getting a purple that has a bit more blue in it than red- try some different shades and see what you can wear.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! i am soo excited about fall!! and purple will be an awesome colour for it. (by the way i love your blog!)

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker