Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Cookout

Friday afternoon, 4:59 pm, I was sitting on the edge of my seat, purse on my shoulder, keys in my hand, counting down the seconds to clock out for Friday evening. I had a reason to be excited and dart out as fast as possible. I had DATE NITE :)

I rush home, thinking I had a few minutes to freshen up and look "hott" for my husband when he walked in the door. I put on some good music in the bathroom, touched up my make-up, recurled my hair, and was feelin' goooood.

By the time I finish, I start to realize that Husband should have already been home by now. He was supposed to be home at 5:30, and it was almost six. I whip out the cell phone and see "2 missed calls" and "1 voicemail". Ohhhhh noooo....

I listen to the voicemail from 5:45 and it says, "Hey Allie, I need you to come get us. My truck broke down on the interstate." click.

To make a long story short, we were supposed to be at our special date nite at 6 pm. We got there at 8 pm. After getting the voicemail, I hopped into the jeep, noticed it was on E and the boys were about 20-30 min. away on the side of the southbound interstate. So SUPERWIFE was on her way! Here's a pic of my Husband's lovely truck that stranded the manly working men:


Anyways, Saturday was much better. We hosted a cookout at our house for the college class from church. Here are some fun pics of the evening! And I also learned that adding pretzels to candy corn and peanuts is a brilliant combination!!! :)

13 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

Looks like a fantastic time! Great job at being superwifey!!!

sassy stephanie said...

Guess at least you still had the date, even if it started late.

Looks like the cookout was fun!

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a great time. We too got out the fire pit!

Megan said...

Super wife to the rescue!! We are trying to find a good church now to get involved with, it is very cool of you guys to devote your time to the college aged group!

Expat No. 3699 said...

It looks like you had a great weekend in spite of the glitch with the truck.

Your fall decor with the bowl of candy corn looks cute.

Unknown said...

Yummmmmmmmmy : ) I like that mix! How pretty does that look in the glass bowl? Dazzling, for sure! Aren't college age kids the funnest? Love them!

Annikke said...

That looks like a fun night (Saturday, not Friday!)
I just tried the whole candy corn/peanut combo this weekend and it was so yummy. And it is funny you mentioned the pretzels, because I almost did that! Now that I hear you say it was good, I will have to try it!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, It looks like you guys had a good time...

Good thing you checked your phone..

Sweet Simplicity said...

S'mores, yummy!

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, you look like you were having some kinda fun! Aren't close friends good to have? BTW, got a Great New Giveaway going on over at my place, to commemorate my 100th post--please stop by!

Anonymous said...

Oh that stinks your date night wasn't what it should have been - doesn't it always seem to happen that way... Something always comes up or goes wrong etc... Atleast you had a good attitude!

Michele said...

Looks like you guys had a great time at the cook-out!

Glad you were able to have date nite...even if it was late!

Hugz,
Michele

Claremont First Ward said...

Good thing hubby has super wife to bail him out. And one that was all dressed up to greet him too! What a nice thing to do for the college students!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker