Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Trendy Tuesday - Exfoliating Scrub

One of the big trends I've noticed lately in my magazines is everything going natural and organic. It's amazing to read some of the things in non-natural products that we put on our skin. So, I figured it was time to try some of these new trend products.

In one of my recent magazines, they featured a product by Burt's Bees called Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub. So, I figured I would by it and try it out.




It is awesome! Very softly scented, I could feel the exfoliating finely ground peach stone removing the dead layers of skin. But its featured ingredient is Willowbark Extract, which "contains natural Beta Hydroxy Acids, which work as a natural skin exfoliants to help unplug follicles and pores." After rinsing it off, my face felt incredibly smooth, with no irritation. Burt's Bees has a lot of incredible products!

Have you tried any? Any recommendations???

13 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

My mom buys me this ammmmmmmazing facial scrub and it's Chanel. Hence the reason I don't buy it myself - I can't afford it! HAHA! But she uses it and swears by it so she wants me to use it too. It really is incredible.

Gotta love Burt's products as well! I LOVE their peppermint foot scrub.

Megan said...

The only Burt's products I have tried were the lip glosses. I have been wanting a new facial wash, so I believe you had sold me on this one!

Sara Fleming said...

aaahhh...that's my face wash!!!!!! seriously, i swear by it...i'm obsessed with Burts Bees products, and i've used this face wash for years...and i haven't had but 1 pimple since...my face is always smooth, never too dry or oily! you'll love this stuff after a while, and your face will love it too!

Sarah Rose said...

I LOVE Burts Bees chapstick... but honestly, I don't buy that often because I have such a nasty habit of melting it. I've also heard great things about their baby products, which I hope to try when we run out of our current stash!

Angie Yeats said...

Ok...John Yeats aka...Papa J... :o) was using the Burt's Chapstick at one point...but it kept changing the coloring on his lips (very weird). So I have always stayed away from this product. However, i've been looking for another facial scrub and I figured if you've tried it and like it, it might be worth another Burt's Bee's try??? :o) Thanks!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I usually use Aveeno products. They're always worked fine for me.

My sister, who is staying with me for the week, sprayed herslf with Burt's insect repellant. It actually attracted these beetles to her. We sprayed in another location in the yard to see what would happen and these beetles started congregating there. Strange!

Heathahlee said...

I wonder how it would do on sensitive skin? I have extremely sensitive skin on the very front of my cheeks and scrubs scare me! I wonder how gentle it would be?

Meg said...

I love burt bees products! I use a face wash by Clinique

Karen said...

I love Burt's Bees baby oil. I used a lot more when my kids were smaller. It smells amazing and was friendly to their skin.

Anonymous said...

Drats! I KNEW I missed my chance Sunday, while in your "rain shower!" I saw this product and thought about giving it a try...but was trying to be quick with my shower routine so we could all make it to our prospective worship services.

Oh, ho hum...I'll have to give it a go on my next visit. By the by...did I tell you that you are the hostess with the mostess?!!! Yes, you are! Love, mom oxoxoxo

Aunt Julie said...

I haven't tried this, but I love other Burt's Bees products, especially their lip gloss and their cream for extra-dry hands--I always use it in the winter. BTW, Uncle Lynn is being pretty generous, and is hosting another Great Pop'rs Giveaway, so come on by!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love Burt's Bees chapstick. I bought this Oil of Olay microdermabrasion kit. I love it. I love using exfoliating scrubs on my face. They make it so soft!

Val said...

I too love the burt bees chapsticks and colored lip balms. I use the blam for extra dry skin in the winter. I also love their cuticle salve.
I use Mario Badesco products for my face, they also are plant derived but I'm not sure about organic though.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker