Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Fez's 3rd Birthday

What a busy weekend...mom was in town, we ate at fantastic restaurants, did some wonderful shopping, relaxed, and had a great time together! We also had a college cookout this weekend, and Zack was able to baptize one of the college students at church on Sunday!!!


Friday was Fez's 3rd birthday. He's growing up to be such a wonderful, young dog *sniff* :) Every year (all 3 of them) we take him to Sonic to get a dollop of ice cream and then over to PetsMart and let him "pick out" a toy of his choice! Here are some pictures from his birthday part-ay!

Now, at PetsMart, Fez's little 10 lb body gives him the advantage over most other dogs to be able to crawl under the shelves and eat all the food and treats that have fallen out of the bags. It's his favorite part :)

Here's a big treat he found under this shelf...

Next, Sonic Run. We let him look over the menu to pick out anything he wanted. But it didn't take him long to stick with his regular Vanilla Ice Cream Dollop...
This is my favorite...it looks like his eyes are about to pop out of his head. Sheer excitement? Or brain freeze??? Hmmmm....

After his birthday ice cream, we headed home, where Fez enjoyed an evening with his new birthday present toys, and a full belly of food and ice cream.


Moving on, LOOK at this most beautiful Teapot and Creamer set my mom and I found at TJ Maxx! Have you ever seen anything more beautiful??? I am hoping there is a sugar bowl that goes with this set somewhere, so if you ever find it, let me know!!!

And finally, the porch update: Totally demolished! Zack and his friend finished this project this week. Now all we have to do is clean out the concrete, and get started on the deck!ps...don't worry...we didn't forget about the Fez! Zack made him his own stairway so he could still reach his dog door :)

16 lovely comments:

Christi S said...

Happy birthday Fez! Looks like you had a nice time!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FEZERITO!!! I so wish Dixie was with him so they could celebrate together. Great gift ideas for Dixie's upcoming birthday! Of course she will get ice cream but I like the idea of letting her pick out a toy too. Spoiled dogs! :)
JH

N said...

That a nice teapot and creamer! And the patio looks good...or rather, it looks thoroughly demolished, but that's what you were going for. :)

N said...

Excuse me, "that's a nice teapot" not "that a nice teapot"!

Megan said...

Oh wow, what a busy weekend! I love that you took your dog to Sonic! Too cute. I really like the teapot & creamer, very cute!

Whitney said...

So - how do you know that vanilla is his favorite? HAHA! That is hysterical. I love that you celebrate his birthday. He has great parents! :)

Sandra said...

Love the teapot and creamer. What fun that your mom could spend the weekend with you. Have a great week.

Sweet Simplicity said...

You are too cute! I love that you give your dog icecream for his birthday! There is a store in Tulsa, that is called The Dog Dish and it has a "bakery" section. I meant to buy my dog a cupcake for his b-day but we were out of town.
Oh, and I LOVE the teapot!

Expat No. 3699 said...

How cute, he has his own little door! Was that a pig's ear he was chewing on? My dogs love them. Happy Birthday to Fez! Love the teapot and creamer. Maybe check around e-bay for the sugar bowl?

Heathahlee said...

He is so cute. He reminds me of my Grandparent's dog when I was little. Looks like he had a big, big time!

Pleasant Living said...

Aw! What a cute dog! I love pet birthdays.

Anonymous said...

Ah, another favorite post! Great pictures...I'm going to show the G's! I had a great time this weekend! Thanks again for everything! Did you find ALL of my notes? :D

I cannot believe that you did not tell everyone that you WON a game of ping pong! Ah, the best fun! I am on a search for a sugar bowl...it has got to be out there somewhere! Well, it has been a busy Monday..must go...dinner time! Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

Alison Mayes said...

I love birthday parties for dogs! I missed our dog's this year...sad day!

Meg said...

Happy birthday, fez!

I love love love your teapot and creamer!

Stacy said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Fez!

Karen said...

Wow, on the patio. Love the Teapot!!! Happy Birthday FEZ!!!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker