Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hilarities: Super Stev

As I was collecting my hiliarities for today, my dad, Super Stev, called me and shared a hilarious story that happened to him yesterday. I asked him if I could feature him on The Pink Potpourri today, and he gave me his consent :)

So, my wonderful readers, meet Super Stev, pictured here with his 3 girls, and grand-dog, Fez.

The Resort (where my grandparents and parents live) has had a bad case of ants. Super Stev took care of the problem, and ended the project with caulk, which is white. The outside of the house is tan, so Super Stev decided to paint it so it matched.

He brought the 5-gallon container of paint out on the deck and shook the tar out of that bad boy to mix everything up. Now, the round plastic lid has those tabs you have to break in order to remove the lid. Probably something like this:Well, as he started pulling the lid off, one of the tabs stuck. And the lid flew off...

Are you picturing this scenario in your mind??? What do you think happens next? There are a million different ways this could go wrong...


The lid flies into the air, lands on the deck vertically, like a wheel, and starts rolling ALLLL the way down the deck, down the stairs, across the concrete sidewalk and 2 feet into the yard.
I am sure you are all relieved...NOT the worse case scenario. But wait..

As the lid is rolling, the paint is spraying EVERYWHERE!!! All over the deck, all over the brick wall, all over the concrete and all over the grass. Super Stev's first instict is to bring out the hose and scrub brush, which he does, and successfully removes most of the paint. But he only sprays the water as he goes, not wetting down ALL the paint at once. So the paint dried on the concrete.

Poor Stev.

Oh but wait...here's another one from the archives...

Back in high school, my sister and I worked for my Grandpa as secretaries. One day, Super Stev came down and asked us girls if we had any chapstick...

Now, Super Stev being an office man, I was pretty sure this joke would just be a "ha ha, you're funny" thing. Being the jokester that I am, I handed him a bright purple glue stick, and figured he would just laugh. You know, he would probably know what a glue stick looks like.

Not this particular one.


I look up at him, and he's heavily applying the glue to his lips, and then pressing them together to evenly spread out the glue...

My sister and I were staring at him in shock...too long to say anything to him before the damage was done...and then laughing hysterically :)
Oh, Super Stev...thank you so much for your hiliarites today!

19 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems funny now, but yesterday as it all was happening before my eyes in slow motion, I did not see the humor in any of it. All I could think of was yes, of course, this could only happen to me. Another one of my 10 minute proects has again turned into an hour and a half project.

Super Stev

Whitney said...

Aw, poor Super Stev. It sounds like he had a rough day! And I can't BELIEVE you gave him a glue stick! LOL!

William, Megan and Avery said...

your dad cracks me up! i can totally picture him chasing that lid around the yard! or smearing glue stick onto his face!!!!!! we usually have a good time when he's around :)

Heathahlee said...

When stuff like that happens we usually can't see the humor in it until later. Unless, of course, it's happening to someone other than ourselves! : )

He's a great dad to let you post about his misfortunes!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Poor Super Stev, I can totally picture that paint scenario. At least he can see the humor in it.

And the glue stick? I am sooo gonna pull that on someone when I get the opportunity.

Thanks for the laughs. Have a great day!

Angie said...

Wow. Poor guy.


. . . but hilarious stories! : )

Erin said...

The part about the gluestick made me laugh out loud. That is priceless!

Michael Thomas said...

Oh, Super Stev... how we miss his antics! I think the glue stick story is FABULOUS... and I can totally picture it!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Poor Super Stev! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when he applied that glue stick! Good stories! I laughed out loud while reading them!

Sara Fleming said...

aren't dads the best?!? my dad has done some crazy things in his time also, but if i posted them on my blog, he'd probably kill me, haha...thanks for sharing! :)

Sara Laverty said...

oh man! i had never heard the glue stick story! so so so funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Allison,

That glue stick story is hysterical! Luckily it wasn't superglue. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, SuperStev, always up for sharing the humors of life! Yes, indeed, it is a good thing that the glue stick WAS NOT superglue! I had the wonderful opportunity of meeting Kel's new principal last year as I was at her school to help Kelly get her classroom ready. THE REASON, I went down to the office WAS NOT to meet the principal, but to find the nurse so I could get my two fingers unstuck from a "superglue" fiasco! There is something about glue and the Potters...maybe its because we are a bunch of "cracked pots!" Oh, ho hum...Love, mom oxoxo

Alison Mayes said...

I think me and your dad have the same luck!

Stacy said...

Thanks for the laugh; it was much needed :)

Anonymous said...

ok now THAT was funny. i'm still laughing!

melanie

Casey said...

i've always wanted to do the gluestick thing!

Michele said...

Allison...your poor dad!!! I am cracking up tho about the glue stick..just the vision of him putting it on and then rubbing his lips together..lol.

Hugz,
Michele

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

THis is a neat blog! I found you via "Mabel's House." I'll be back to visit!

Jillian

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker