Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trendy Tuesday - Wooden Cell Phone

Unless you live under a rock, or have been at summer camp and in your own bubble from any communication with society, you're probably familiar with the newest cell phone trend, the iPhone. Well, today's trendy tuesday item is the extreme opposite...



This phone was carved from apple tree wood. Everything from the framing, antenna, and sim card holder were all intricately carved.






Now, I don't know about you, but I don't think there will be lines 5 miles long around the Apple stores for this one. But, I must admit, it doesn't look too bad. I can almost smell the wood. I could see it as being a new trendy item for those who prefer this look, but I'm pretty sure its going the other direction from thin, light and sleek :)

What do you think about this? Would you use one?

ps...in other non-trendy tuesday news, we made another change to our home! can you tell a difference in these two pictures?

If you said "Brand new front door!" you're right! If you said, "Brand new Landscaping!" that's right too, but that wasn't this year, and that wasn't what I was featuring today :) But don't worry, you're still smart.

Ta Da! We splurged and bought this unique, one of a kind, original door from Home Depot...where you can get things for your home that no one else has... :)

11 lovely comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

It looks good! Isn't it amazing the difference that landscaping can make? I like the flower boxes!

MereinSC said...

This is very interesting! You always find the coolest things to put on here for your trendy tuesdays!

I love your flowerboxes and your new door!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the door! Where is the Parker door knocker?! Always my favorite and the seasonal wreaths are beautiful! I was just looking over some pictures I had taken this past year...always attractive, warm and welcoming! Yes, this new door brings and exclusive inviting touch! You and Zack are awesome decorators! Your home is gorgeous! Grand job! Love, mom oxoxoxoxo

Whitney said...

Hmmm - I think I'll keep my iphone! ;)

Expat No. 3699 said...

Your front yard looks very nice and the red flowers in the window boxes really 'pop'.

Yawle Pop said...

Well, the flower box flowers caught my eye which lead me to the landscaping and not the front door....not so smart this time. The front door looks great and your mom's comment about the door knocker reminds me that: Kenny's mom gave us one for Cmas a few years ago knowing full well that the front doors are 2/3rd's glass. She just liked it.

The phone does have apple in it, someone may wait for it. ~doriann

*K said...

I guess the wooden phones may be a little sturdier than the iphones! But, I don't think i'll line up to get one!

Love the landscaping and new door!

Meg said...

I kinda like the wooden phone. Hah.

I also noticed the flower boxes and not the door. Pretty door, though.

Anonymous said...

I liked the new curtains in the right-most window. - Joshua

Anonymous said...

I wished I had the iPhone...but that wooden phone looks hard to beat! :-)

Meghann said...

I wonder if that cell phone can take more abuse than my other ones have. of course, I doubt that one will take very well to being washed my my dear husband (I guess I shouldn't complain since he was doing his stinky boating clothes so I didn't have to).

The landscaping AND the front door both look great!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker