Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Cincy Trip

Well, its has been a Monday Mayhem here...hence the late post.

Zack and I had a wonderful celebratory 3 year anniversary weekend! Friday we headed up to Cincinnati to watch the Reds vs. Mets game. We arrived about an hour late, but were able to get two tickets for $10 (total!) and some fairly great seats! We watched the Reds win, and then a BEAUTIFUL fireworks show! We were standing so close to the shoot off, that we were covered with scraps and ashes afterwards (and a neck cramp from looking straight up so long!)

Saturday we slept in, in our king size, junior suite hotel room (which we scored a MEGA great deal from priceline.com...i highly recommend that to anyone traveling). We found the closest starbucks on zack's iphone, and hurried over for some breakfast. we had a relaxing breakfast on the street corner, people watching and eating.

Next, we toured Cincy, and crossed the river back to KY over to this little town. We traveled down their Main Street, window shopping, and stopping at a local diner for a snack and a game of cards. Then, Zack got hit by a car....

Oh yes, that's right. You read it correctly. He got hit by a car!

So we have the right of way to cross the street, and this guy in this jeep has a red light, but he wants to make a right hand turn. He's looking left to see if any cars are coming, and accelerates forward without looking forward, where Zack and I were walking. He hits zack, who is banging his hands on the hood of the car to stop, and looks at us. We frantically run past him and he drives away! Dont' worry, Zack wasn't hurt...just startled!

Saturday evening, we headed back Louisville, collected Fez, took him to Dog Hill to play, and then down to Bardstown Road to a restaurant we'd wanted to try forever. We used our anniversary gift from the G's to get a scrumptious, delicious pizza dinner! We enjoyed a sunset dinner on the town, people watching, and Reds/Mets watching, as Fez was on Crumb Control :)

It was a fantastic weekend! We even checked out Homearama here in L-ville on Sunday. These houses were incredible. No wonder they start in the $800,000 price range...

Anyways, for all of my avid readers out there...if you noticed something different on this post...NO PICTURES, its because the blonde girl here forgot her camera this weekend :( i know, LOSER that I am...I thought of you all this weekend in Cincy, as I realized today's post wouldn't be as good as usual. I'll see what I can scrap up from Zack's phone, and maybe post something later!

7 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

Aw, I was looking forward to some pictures! I hate when I go off and forget my camera. I try to keep mine in my purse ... just in case I stumble upon something I just can't resist to snap a pic of.

Glad Zac is okay!!! Geeze, some people.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Glad you had such a nice weekend and glad Zack is alright. What is it with people? You think that driver would have asked if he was hurt. Sheesh!

Yawle Pop said...

Sounds like you two had a fabulous weekend except for the hit & run. The Reds have a nice stadium and if I recall there are things to do on the Kentucky side of the stadium, right? It's been 6 or 7 years since I went to a game there.

Does Zack love his phone? We sure do....but I think my husband loves his more than I do mine. Then again, I was loving it on a 4 1/2 hour flight. funny, funny!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good weekend! I found you through gramma 2 many...I will be back!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I love yours....especially the stationary and your wedding video was beautiful! I am subscribing to you now :)

Gramma 2 Many said...

Just think, had you had your camera, you could have taken a picture of the Hit and Run driver. Even if Zack was not hurt, he needs to be stopped.
Glad the rest of your trip was full of fun and excitement.

kelly said...

sounds like a wonderful trip! i'm so glad you guys were able get away together.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker