Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3 Year Wedding Anniversary!


Today Zack and I have been married 3 wonderful, memorable, romantic years! So today's post is going to be dedicated to our celebration!!!

Love Story

Zack and I first met in college at my sorority's christmas formal. He came with my sister as her blind date. We were aquaintances until my senior year of college. During the fall semester, we became best friends. We did everything together. And by Thanksgiving break, we realized that we had more than just "friends" feelings for each other.

Zack was not like any other guy I had met. He showed me what true friendship ment. I cherished that so much, that I did not want to take any chances of a dating relationship to ruin our friendship. But the feelings were so overwhelming, that I had to spend a lot of time in prayer, asking God to take these special feelings away if it was not His will for us to be together. The feelings got stronger...

A year and a half later, Zack proposed :) And one year and two days later, we got married! I could not be more blessed to have this incredible man in my life. Zack was my first kiss, first love, and best friend. God truely put the perfect man for me in my life. I even still have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure that this marriage is not a dream!

Here is a video of our wedding! I hope you all enjoy!



(Turn up the Volume! For a bigger version, click Here)

In case you were worried and frazzled, the regularly scheduled Hump Day Hilarities will resume next Wednesday!

19 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :) I find that anniversaries get sweeter every year. I love your pictures - everything was just gorgeous...including you! How sweet that Zack was your first everything...Darin was mine too!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I LOVE to watch this video! You are a beautiful couple! It seems like yesterday! You and Zack have had 3 fabulous years together and God Willing, many, many more! You are a wonderful and loving couple!

I always cry a tear at the end of the highlight video because when you wave from the limo...it is with that same child like expression of when you were about 3 years old and my heart goes right back to that time. I see this precious little girl with her "big excited" smile waving and laughing. I'm sure it is just a mom thing!

You were/are a beautiful bride and I am so very thankful that I was afforded the gift from the Lord to be involved in so many of the planning stages and gifted by so many friends and family with help and prayers to make this a special day to last a memory of a lifetime!

Enjoy your many days of celebration! God Bless and Happy 3rd Anniversary! All my Love, mom xooxoxox
p.s. I think the proposal was on the end of the video montage... maybe you could show that too! :D It was THE BEST proposal EVER! Tied of course with Kel's! :D

Anonymous said...

Allison... that was beautiful! Thank for sharing, and happy anniversary!

I know you will have many more to come also!

Tracie
http://www.traciegirl.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day!
Donna

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweet love story!!
~Jessica Briggs

Sara Fleming said...

aww, congrats! Happy Anniversary :) i can't wait til i get to 3 years with my hubby...have a wonderful day celebrating!!!

MereinSC said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved your video... I was so sweet. I love the song also!

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! What a great testimony to God's perfect timing in our lives and His perfect will for us. Hope your day is great. May you have many more wonderful years together:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Tori said...

Congrats on the anniversary!! You video was amazing and you looked gorgeous...Isn't it amazing how the years fly by?? Congrats again!

Sarah Rose said...

Happy Anniversary! July is such a great month to celebrate, isn't it? Have a blast celebrating!

danielle said...

i remember one night at the west u apartments, zach picked you up and there were lots of balloons in the car.... we thought you were getting engaged. :)

Unknown said...

Allison,
Happy Anniversary! I loved the video and reading your story. I can't wait to see how mine unfolds- reading yours gives me such hope. I realized that we have another mutual friend..Dr. Kim Bearden that used to be at OBU. He's the singles minister at my church. Small world! Have a great anniversary!

Ange said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I remember when you first sent out the video. You were so proud! You guys are an encouragement and inspiration. Love to you both. To many years more...Ange :-)

N said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Jordan McMullen said...

that was so adorable! i just love you two and the amazing example that you are! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
oh and i love your sweet little blog. it is always so mcu fun to read! keep up the good work! ; )

Bunny B said...

Happy Anniversary!!! :)
That's such a sweet story! I wish you both happiness for a lifetime!

Megan said...

This was too sweet. Funny that he came as your sisters blind date! :) The video was darling! Have a good weekend!

Meghann said...

as! congratulations! we just celebrated nine years. (check out my "once upon a time" post on July 3). It only gets better!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker