Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Chicago Trip

We had a fabulous time in Chicago this weekend! My mom, sisters and I spent two days in Chicago, shopping Michigan Avenue, eating dinner at Lawry's, sleeping at the Ritz Carlton, and eating breakfast in their Cafe! It was incredible. We had a relaxing, productive, memorable time! It was short, but sweet! Here are some pictures of what we did...

View from our hotel room

Walking down to start our afternoon shopping on Michigan Avenue

Our fabulous dinner at Lawry's! We had their famous spin salad, prime rib, mashed potatoes, whipped horseradish, and yorkshire pudding. Y-U-M!!!

When you order your meal, you just say you want Prime Rib. Then when the Chef arrives with his cart, you tell him what cut and how done you want it

Our Sunday Morning breakfast at the Ritz Carlton Cafe! The G's treated us to this wonderful meal

The Bento Box breakfast I ordered...a little bit of everything! I bet you can't tell, but the muffin the lower right hand corner was tofu ;)

The big, huge, comfy king size bed that three of us ladies shared. Kendall got the cot...

14 lovely comments:

Alison Mayes said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!

Whitney said...

Looks like a great time, and wow - that breakfast looks amazing! What a great idea to make a sampler into a cute box! Love it.

Anonymous said...

What?! No mention of the trio of shoe shopping?! Two pinks and a red! Yes, I too, had a most fabulous time! I am still feasting on every morsel of fabulous fun!!! It was short and sweet and perfectly amazing! I would not change a thing...not even the down pour of rain or our side trips in the car...it made for Victorious Memories! I love you so much and am so thankful that you came up from L-ville, as second weekend in a row, just to share in this awesome experience! Thanks for posting the pics! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an awesome weekend you had! Are your parents adopting? Haha:) I do love your family and am so blessed to have you all as friends. You do the most fun and wonderful things! And the love you have for each other makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Cannot wait to see you in two weeks!!! Thank you for the sweet note - it was so nice to have mail when we got home from a great week in Florida!!!
Jess:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I almost forgot! I cannot wait for Hump Day Hilarities! I bet you have a grand somethin' somethin' to share...as well as your anniversary! Congrats! Love, mom

N said...

Wow, looks like you all had fun! :)

You're all so pretty...and your mom hardly looks older than you and your sisters!

Unknown said...

Chicago!! I'm so jealous! I went there last fall...loved Magnificent Mile. So many good stores. Glad you had fun!

In Definition said...

what a great trip! i was trying to talk my sis into flying up to chicago and meeting me for a weekend when i spoke with her last night. maybe the blog will be inspirational to her:)

you asked about stepping heavenward...it's a great read. i just loaned it out but would be happy to bring it over once it's returned. one of my favorites! wish i had made done the drawing this week. great prize!!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love Chicago! The food you ate looked sooo good!Its making me hungry!

Heathahlee said...

I LOVE Chicago! My husband and I would love to take a long weekend up there. Looks like y'all had so much fun!

Aunt Julie said...

Wow, Chicago! Glad you had a splendiforous time!! And thanks for your kind words about my blog, too. BTW, thanks for dropping by and entering my giveaway--I'll be announcing the winners tomorrow!

Unknown said...

The weekend looked like so much fun! Glad you were able to get away to such a fun city!

Ange said...

it looks like yo had a wonderful trip!! loved looking at the pics!

Unknown said...

I've never been to Chicago so thanks for sharing pics so I can live through your travels!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker