Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Mayhem - 85 years

This weekend we all had a special birthday celebration for my Grandpa for his 85th birthday at one of our favorite restaurants, Capitol Grille! We had our own private dining room, visited several times with the head chef (pictured below) and got to taste several of his favorite recommendations for appetizers and desserts he personally chose and brought out to us!


The G's celebrating!



Grandpa's birthday was actually on Friday, so they celebrated with a cake from our family's all time favorite cake maker, Mrs. Lamb. She made my parent's wedding cake, and we have been buying cakes from her ever since.





These next few pictures are from a few weeks back. This is my dad and I fishing during the July 4th weekend. SuperStev, such a pro with the bass...



My mom and sis and I also did some baby shopping over the holiday weekend, and here I am, pooped from all the shopping, stocking up on nursery things! And being the purse watcher :)



While my mom was in town with me for a few days, she did some shopping for Stone while I was stuck at work. Here are some of her incredible goodies she brought me for the baby! The big dog is the twin of one I had growing up!

Aren't these shoes SOOO cute!?!

16 lovely comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your gramps is so cute! I love that you have such a close knit family!

Mommy Mac said...

Again, you look stellar. Keep on trucking, mama!

I just loved the nesting stage: wondering what they would look like, what kind of personality they would have, how our life would shift to a new normal once they arrived...

washing, folding, situating....

You are in for the hardest job of your life....BUT the best job you will EVER have.

Just you wait and see!

.mac :)

mom said...

GREAT PICTURES! So glad you could be there... next time all 10 of us will have to make it!...or as G said, "all 11!" :D

Also, happy anniversary once again...hopefully your present will arrive TODAY! crazy!

Have a great day! Love, mom oxoxo

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Great pics! I love the first pic! Your showing so much more now!!!

Ashley said...

Aww, that giant dog reminds me of my childhood! This must be getting so exciting for you!

Meagan said...

I just love baby stuff!!! And happy bday to your grandpa! He is so cute!

Heathahlee said...

That cake looks SO good! I "helped" my friend make a wedding cake (meaning I sat at her table watching her do all the work)and it was a LOT of work. I appreciate all the work that goes into a beautiful cake now!

Kari said...

Happy 85 to your grandpa! He looks great!

It's so much fun shopping for baby stuff!! Before you know it, Stone will be putting all the cute stuff to use!

Tracie Carlton said...

those shoes are absolutly adorable! and I love that your mom got you the twin of the dog that you had! how sweet!

Pleasant Living said...

Your family's love for one another is so evident!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

What a great family! And look how happy you are ... pregnancy looks good on you! Enjoy all of these moments.

Unknown said...

Your Grandpa looks so sweet : ) And your grandma does too. I just love Grandparents. They make my heart melt! How lucky will your little baby be to meet all these wonderful people!

Sherrie said...

You are such an adorable pregnant lady! Congrats on your baby boy to be. I have three boys myself. Love the little shoes. My youngest is 3 and I miss all those cute baby things.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

You have such a great looking family--WOW!! Your grandpa grows old gracefully!!
BTW, that chair you are sitting in is the one that I have in our nursery--I think it is a Best Chair!!!
Love looking at all your boy stuff!!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I left you an award on my site!
http://jleighdesignz.blogspot.com/2009/07/more-awards-thank-you.html

tiarastantrums said...

you look amazing! yeah for all the goodies!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker