Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Trendy Tuesday - Natural Highlights

I L-O-V-E laying out in the sun. Unhealthy, I know. But you only live once :)

Only once in my entire life have I ever had my hair highlighted from a professional. Never used a box. Never went back to the hair salon. My hair has always stayed its natural color, with a little help from some lemon juice and the sunrays and chlorine in the summer.



I'm curious to see if there are any other ways to enhance natural highlights in hair over the summer. Here are a few ways I've heard you can do it:

Lemon Juice: Spray on to wet hair and brush through before going out into the sun.



There are also lots of John Frieda Beach Blonde products that are amazing...




An egg bath: Eggs help moisturize hair because they contain lecithin. Simply beat an egg, apply it to your hair when dry and then cover with a plastic bag. Allow the egg to sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing in cool water.

What tricks have you tried? What works best for your hair?

12 lovely comments:

Roxane said...

Lemon juice works best, but I dilute it in water and put it in a spray bottle :)

mom said...

Reading your blog before I'm off to the store...maybe I'll buy some lemons! Love, mom oxoxoxo

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I always tried the lemon juice thing, but it never worked well for me because my hair is so dark.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I used sun-in a lot when I was in middle school. I have never tried the egg thing. I might have to test it out!

Lindsey said...

Lemon juice def works, I used to do this in high school!

Lynsey said...

I've used the John Frieda Beach Blonde stuff before-and it smells really good :)

yahoo had this: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080205145900AAoWpp1

just make sure you put the stuff in evenly and not too much.. and be patient! :)

Lauren said...

Interesting!! What does the egg thing actually do to your hair??? Fun post-- I love laying out in the sun too!!

k-stin said...

I'm on Team Lemon Juice. I did it just like Roxane. Not as bright as real highlights, but if you are patient, you'll get some results.

Abby♥ said...

I've tried the lemon, but it doesn't work on me, since my hair is dark.

eggs!?! who would've guessed! fun post

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

i have no idea but they all sound like fun ideas=)!

sassy stephanie said...

We have allloooot of eggs with these 6 hens! I need to try the egg one!

Kendall said...

I actually have mixed 2 packets of Kool Aid lemonade with shampoo, put on dry hair, wrap with clear rap and leave on your head for 30 minutes. then rinse and drench with conditioner. this strips your hair of build up and leaves a nice shine.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker