Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a boy!!!!

That's right, Lil' Pumpkin is a B-O-Y!!!

We couldn't be more thrilled, especially husband :)


I am now at 17 weeks, and was able to go in for a 3D/4D ulstrasound to discover that we will be having a son! This week, Lil' Pumpkin is the size of an onion...



My u/s was at 8 am, we headed to Starbucks for a sugar-filled meal to get baby moving around. I scarfed down a cinnamon coffee cake and a grande hot chocolate with whipped cream. Hope you enjoyed that sugar rush, Lil' Pumpkin, cause Momma NEVER eats like that...




Dad, myself and Husband!




So of course after Lil' Pumpkin cooperated and we were 99% its a BOY, shopping was next on the list! I've never shopped for a little boy before, so having Dad on the prowl (Husband had to go back to work) was such a great help. He picked out lots of great outfits, including the blue argyle sweater vest set!




Next we hit up Baby Gap where they had tons of stuff on sale, and then another 25% off! I think I got close to $80 worth of clothes for $15!!!




Next stop, Babies R Us for some more crib shopping. Any advice on cribs? We know the style we like, and the color, but just have not nailed down a specific one yet. Mom and I had so much fun doing the "crib shake test" on the floor samples :)

And finally, here are a few snapshots from the u/s of our little Boy. Here's a profile with his little fingers. On the video, the tech said he was busy trying to get his hands to his mouth, and was doing a great job!

She also informed us that his legs are measuring that of a 20 week baby...we are only at 17!!! We are pretty sure our little boy is going to be in the NBA :)

This image is from a video of the 3D u/s. I know it is super blurry, but if you squint your eyes and look at it, you can see his profile!

41 lovely comments:

Mimi Elise said...

Thats great! Those pics are adorable, congratulations!

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! I love that argyle sweater vest, that is so adorable! Glad you had fun shopping!

mom said...

Oh how fun everything was! Thank you for allowing dad and I to participate! We wish Zack could have escaped for the morning of shopping...but we are so very proud of his commitment to hard work and good ethics! An excellent dad he will be! And of course, you, our daughter...are already a most precious and loving mama to your little Parker BOY! We are madly in love with him already! How Great is our GOD!!!! We praise Him for allowing us vision of His Handiwork already! See you Saturday and here is a CONGRATS to the G's as they celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary TODAY! My, the month of May is a time to celebrate...speck so! Love, mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Jennifer Owens said...

Congratulations on baby boy news!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Isn't buying baby clothes so much fun - especially when you find deals like that?!

sassy stephanie said...

Chills!! How exciting! I had two girls and my third is a boy. Turned my life upside down, but in a GREAT way!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Ah, I do see HIS profile! What a cutie! A little baby boy! how sweet!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Boys are best of course! Although with 2 boys myself I am a bit biast! LOL! One thing I recommend is the rainforest (or whatever theme its in now) baby tub. The netting makes it easy to wash a newborn and easily removes in stages! Plus the Dekor diaper pail. I've owned them all and this one is BY FAR the best. It seems pricier but for the amount of time the refills last I think it turns out to be cheaper!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

ps. have to give dad props! My father hates the mall....although he did buy my crib!

Amy said...

Awwww, so sweet! Now the question remains...what will you name him??

Kelly said...

YAY!!! half of the pictures won't show up at work, but I can't wait to see the rest of the outfits and his little face on the ultrasound! Andy and I had fun shopping for a boy, too, and it was weird! I've never done it before, either, but I think we got him a few cute happies!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Love you!

Bunny B said...

Whee! Congrats!!! So cute! :)

Annikke said...

HOW EXCITING!!!! YAY!

yours truly... said...

what a blessing!!! Congratulations!!! Those little hands are just so sweet!!!!!!

Susan said...

A boy! How exciting - congratulations!!! I can definitely see his profile. Have you decided on a name?

Tori said...

Congrats a little boy will be so much fun! I can't believe you are that far a long and don't look very big! The thing we found best worked for us for cribs is just to be able to see them in person (& shake them, way to go mom!)...but it sounds like you have got that covered! :)

Sara Fleming said...

ohmigoodness, i just got so excited for you, and then i cried! ay yi yi, i'm so emotional, but, its because i'm just really happy for you :) i've always wanted a little boy first!

i went to the reg. Gap the other day and got 2 skirts, 2 pairs of dress pants, 3 summery shirts, and a pair of ballet shoes, all for less than $100!!! i was amazed!

baby Gap is my fave though, but maybe one day i can shop there! anyways, CONGRATULATIONS!!! can't wait to hear when ya'll decide on a name :D

Sara Laverty said...

allison this may seem funny seeing as i've never had a child but in all the times i've watched other people go thru this process, i have to recommend getting a convertible crib! (one that will suffice as a toddler and child bed)

congrats on your MR! can't wait to meet him! :)

danielle said...

YAY! how fun!!! as far as cribs go, i dont know if you guys have USA Baby out there.. but we found that their cribs were a higher quality than Babies R Us. Ours is the Vista.. and we LOVE it. Didnt you love the ultrasound? It is so neat!!! They told us that our baby was measuring above average and was going to be over 8 lbs... he came out 6.14 :)

tiarastantrums said...

how exciting - many congrats!!!!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

WAHOOO!!!
As a mom of three little boys-you will love the ride! :)
Love all the clothes-Ralph Lauren baby boy stuff is also amazing-
The pictures are so sweet!

LyndsAU said...

That is awesome! CONGRATS!! i know yall are thrilled! those outfits are so cute! i can't wait to find out :) I like that we are so close :) we can share lots about pregnancy :)

Brandi said...

Yay!!! Join the "boys" club! Almost every girl I know from the Seminary has had a boy recently or is going to have one. They are such a joy! Don't worry, they are just as fun to dress up as the girls are. :) Congratulations!!!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Oh, SO cute! Congrats! And you look Adorable. Boys are so fun!

Ashley said...

How exciting!

Congrats! I bet you guys are thrilled!

Kelley said...

oh goodness! CONGRATS! How incredibly exciting! Yeah for you and your family! You are such a cute preggo!

3 Smith Kids said...

I am sooooo excited too! Boys are for mommy's. It is so amazing to see your husband in your baby boy and fall in love with your husband all over again and in love with your new little man. At least that is what happened with my little man and my little mister!we love you,

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your baby boy! You'll love him! I love mine, more everyday. Any who, you asked about crib thoughts...if you plan on having more babies (and close together) do not spend the money on a convertible crib. I know, everyone is doing it, but if you're kids are close in age, are you going to go out and buy another crib because you turned the other into a toddler bed? Probably not. You'll most likely go out and buy this beautiful baby boy his own big boy bed and put the new baby in the crib. Just a thought...

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Congratulations! Boys are AWESOME. I'm loving your belly photo - I think I was three times bigger than you at 16 weeks. OY.

The sugar thing made me laugh. Before my big ultrasound I chugged 24 oz of orange juice to get him moving.

Tracie Carlton said...

Congrats!

And what adorable pics you have for scrapbooking! Not sure if you've tried tackleing scrapbooking yet, but with you becoming a mom - there couldn't be a better time to start!

I'm so happy for you two! I know that baby has an awesome future ahead, by just being raised by you two! Congrats again!!

Tara Smith said...

Congrats! Everyone says that boys are the so loving with their mommies! Both of our girls cribs are by Muniere (we got them at a boutiqe) and they have held up great. They are convertible so Mallory is now using hers as a toddler bed and it will eventually be a double bed. Also, there are so many different pieces you can get to go with with crib. We got our bedding from nurserydepot.com. I found the bedding I wanted at the boutique but didn't want to pay $600 for it so I researched it online and found it there for half of the price!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I am so excited for you! You are gong to have so much fun with that little boy!!
Yeah For Boys!!
I think Cash didn't have or wear antyhing unless it was light blue until he was 2 1/2-my MIL looked in his closet one day and laughed because everything was baby blue. Boys look so sweet in baby blue!
I got my crib from Target online--it is one of their nice ones that looks like it came from Pottery Barn-shipping was free and it arrived perfectly.
I went with white because of course my nursery is light blue/white and blue/white gingham with baby blue toile. I am a not about keeping my babies babies!! Light blue does the trick for me!!

abby said...

awww congratulations! a little boy!! I can see his profile. :) How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I love all of the pictures.

Megan said...

Ahhhh congratulations!!!

Lauren said...

Congrats on the baby being a boy :) AND what a great deal at baby gap!!!

Mommy Mac said...

Hi there!

I found you through 2 Little Irish Boys.

Your blog is fantastic!

Congratulations on a little boy!

I have a 4 yr. old and a 2 yr. old. Both little men...you will love every minute of it!

It's like you will alway be their princess...well, until that wife gets in the picture!!!! Then you have to hold your breath and wait for them to pick your house for Christmas!

All of this projected thoughts in my mind! They WILL pick our house for Christmas, right??? Of course.

GRIN.

You look superb to be that far along. Keep up the great eating for your pumpkin!

Love that your dad came shopping like that with you. I have a dad that would do just that as well.

Best wishes! I have enjoyed reading about you!

.mac :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

It's a BOY! Congratulations....fun fun fun! You look super happy and what a great Dad you have for shopping with you.

Angie Yeats said...

OMG!!! Time for some baby boy blue shopping! Loved all the pics....those 3D/4D pics are amazing! What a lucky little boy to have 2 incredible parents like you! Congratulations!

Caroline said...

oh so exciting! CONGRATULATIONS!!
I can't wait to see what you paln for the nursey! lots of pictures when it gets finished please!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yay congratulations!!! so cute, so much shopping fun, and soo exciting!! you are going to have so much fun with your little guy=)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You two will have a beautiful baby! And boys are so fun! I love the blog!! Pink is my favorite color too!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker