Monday, April 13, 2009

we're having a b-a-b-y!!!

Husband and I are HAVING A BABY! Yep, we've got a pregnancy going on here at The Pink Potpourri!!!
Right now I am at 12 1/2 weeks! Our Little Pumpkin is due October 22!
We were very blessed to discover we were pregnant on Valentine's weekend! Here's the picture:

And the proof:



I saw one of my blogger friends do this through her pregnancy, so I thought it would be a lot of fun to try to keep up. Each week (or two) I want to take a Belly Bump progression picture, noting the week and "fruit size" of the baby! I didn't start until week 11...



Husband and I mutually agreed to wait until the end of the 1st Trimester to share the news, even with family. Although it was difficult not to share such a wonderful joy, it was a very special time for us to keep this just between the two of us. And it also gave for some extra planning time on how to break the news with everyone else!
My family is a big fan of the game Apples to Apples. In this game everyone has cards with nouns on them. Each player takes a turn with a verb card, and your goal is for the person with the verb card to pick your noun card.
Confused yet? Anyways, we knew playing this game would be the only way to get everyone gathered around the table at the same time (except for meals). So Husband and I went through and put all the verb cards that would fit pregnancy on top...Amazing, Exciting, Unbelieveable, Memorable....then we pulled out one of the blank cards and put:

With our scheme, my Dad was the victim....we had him choose the first verb card. Zack had the "We're Pregnant!" card in his pocket and slid it into his playing cards. He was the last one ot put this card on the stack. My dad flipped over all the cards and started laying them out on the table. He gets to the last card and says, "We're pregnant?"
All eyes graze over to us...dead silence...5 seconds pass..."really?" my mom says. "Yes, we're pregnant!" Husband declares...
A few more seconds of shock...tick, tick, tick, LIGHTBULB!
"OH MY GOODNESS!!" chairs are flying, people are jumping, hugs are being given everywhere! The rest of the evening was all about Little Pumpkin :)

The next two days were filled with shopping. Husband and I hadn't bought one single baby thing since we found out we were pregnant. That's what Mom's and Sisters are for :)

We began our day with a strong breakfast for energy at one of our favorite cafe's:

Next we walked down the shopping center to one of our favorite baby stores, Carters. We found SO many cute things! They have all their holiday outfits on sale, so we bought some Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies for Little Pumpkin.

And finally, we topped off the day with a new wardrobe of maternity clothes! I know I'm only at 12 weeks, but I already can barely zip up my pants anymore! Thank you, Lord, for spandex!

It was a wonderful Easter weekend of special memories during this amazing time in our lives. My family was so excited and supportive of our growing family, and blessed us so much with so many gifts!

Yesterday during our Easter Church Service we were able to tell our friends the great news. It was an incredible experience bring glory to our Lord for blessing us with this child. After church we had a huge Easter lunch with friends, and then took our 2009 Parker Family Easter photos:

This is me and Little Pumpkin at 12 1/2 weeks in my new maternity Easter dress! I'm pretty sure the bump is half baby, half easter feast :)

72 lovely comments:

Alison Mayes said...

Congratulations! Very excited for you and Zack!

Aunt Kendall said...

yay!!! We are so excited for all three of you! This weekend was a wonderful time of celebration and we are counting down the days till little pumpkin joins us! love yall!

Lauren said...

how exciting! congrats! What an unique creative and fun way to tell the family! I'm honored to be on of the first few comments! Congrats again!!!

mom said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! SOOOO many blessings! You look fabulous in that green dress!!! and the father to be is sooooo very handsome in his easter lavendar or as the Great G would say...dentistry colors as well! a tee hee hee!

This was one of the best weekends ever! I think it is doubly exciting because from October to Decemeber we will here at the Resort, celebrate a wedding (Kendall and Lukes) and and new baby (your and Zacks) and it is two things that brings the Father such joy to His Children!

Well, you are one of the most well informed, studious, loving and beautiful young moms I have ever seen and your joy has made this mom and future..... (name still pondering) complete! Love you bunches! Have a great day and fabulous week! LOVE the pictures! Off to the store...more baby stuff to buy...speck so! Spend it while I have it...tee hee hee. Love, mom oxoxoxoxoo

Sweet Simplicity said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting!! Whitney had actually e-mailed me earlier this morning and said that you were pregnant and had put it on your facebook. I told her, I wonder when she is going to announce it on the blog...
Little did I know you already had. I'm very happy for you!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

!!!!
This is wonderful news! I pray God keeps his hand on you, your husband, and the precious life to join us in October.
God Bless!!!
(How cute are you??!!)

Jessica Sampler said...

Congratulations, Allison!! I'm excited for you and Zach! Praise God!

In Definition said...

wow! congratulations!!!!!!!!

sassy stephanie said...

How exciting!!! Congrats!

Meg said...

IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! LIKE LITERALLY ALMOST CRYING. CONGRATS!

Roxane said...

Oh i'm so happy for you guys!!! Congrats :) You are glowing!

Beth said...

Sooo happy for you! :)

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Agh! That's absolutely amazing! So happy for you! I could never keep that a secret for that long!!! I look forward to your updates!!! Agh!!! So happy! Congrats!

Mimi Elise said...

congrats!!!! that is so amazing!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Yaaay!! congratulations! you look so cute! I LOVE how you told, that was such a great idea (that's a game we always play with Hubby's family=)) So cute!

Tara Smith said...

Congratulations!!!! Get as much sleep as you can until the baby gets here!!!

Whitney said...

YAY YAY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0) I am so so so excited for you. When do you find out the gender? OR are you going to?

Ashley said...

Such exciting news! Congrats!

Kelley said...

oh my goodness! Congrats!

Christie said...

Congrats! I love the way you told your family- Apples to Apples is a great game!

Megan said...

Oh. My. Goodness!!! I am SO excited for you two!! (Well THREE now!) I can't believe you hid this since Valentine's..whew! What a GREAT way to tell the family.

Kati said...

Ahhh! Congrats! How exciting! I am sooo looking forward to following your pregnancy!

Karen said...

Congratulations! I can hear your excitement in your post. I am truly happy for you and your husband.

Jennifer Owens said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! And what a fun and creative way to tell your family the big news! (o: Looking forward to all of your pregnancy updates as you grow and wait for the arrival of your little one!

Meagan said...

Congrats!!!! How wonderful! If you need any advice or books or anything, let me know! I am 22 weeks right now!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Congratulations! Here's to your health & the health of the baby :) So exciting!

Caroline said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!! CONGRATS!! neat way to show everyone!

Shea said...

YAY!! Congrats!!

N said...

Congratulations!!! What a fun way to tell your family too! :)

Emily said...

YAYYYYY! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! My brother and his wife just found out they are going to have a baby too! What a blessing! Love to you!

Susan said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting time for you! Looking forward to following you on your journey!

melanie said...

how fun to have your whole family there for the announcement......then the shoppng!

congrats...... melanie

Amy said...

That is so awesome! Congrats! :D

Casey said...

Congratulations! What a great way to break the news to your family! :) You and your husband will make great parents...God bless! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

It's only the beginning of the blessings to come...sweet, sweet pictures of ALL the PPS's, but especially the little bump, so-called "Pumpkin!" So special to hear the "exciting news" you shared...thank you from our hearts! We love you and yours, and will follow the progress of little pumpkin with great delight and anticipation! Sallye

Mrs Anne said...

CONGRATS!

Anna May said...

congratulations!!

Annikke said...

Oh my stars!!! I am so excited for you!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Congratulations! Last year, the day before Valentine's day, We discovered we were going to have a baby. He's almost 6 months old now. It's going to be so cool to read your posts because it will be like getting to relive all the excitement of last year over again!

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! What exciting news!! You are having it a wonderful time - Fall babies are so much easier =)!

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

Yay! Congratulations! :)

Are you going to find out the gender before birth?

Sarah said...

Congratulations! what great news. I love how you told your family :) Creative!

Heathahlee said...

Oh, Allie, I'm so happy for you! As soon as I saw that title on my followed blogs page, I did a little squeal! Hearing someone is having a baby is one of my very favorite things to be excited about! : )

So...have you thought about names yet? Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Congrats! That's awesome news! YAY!I loved the photos of the shopping trip...what a great day out with the girls. Very Pretty Easter photo...love the green dress.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

OMG!! This is a great post! Congratulations- very exciting! I love how you told your family. You are gonna love motherhood-nothing like it!!Yippeeee!!

Sarah Rose said...

I am so impressed that you two waited twelve full weeks! Michael and I could hardly wait twelve hours to tell family! We are praising the Lord for this wonderful blessing!

I hope that you're feeling well! Have Zack kiss that tummy from Phoebe and Nora... Phoebe loves baby bellies! Will we be seeing you in May for the wedding?

Michele said...

What an awesome way to tell your family! Congratulations! Such exciting news! Your mom sounds so cute...has more baby stuff to buy!

Hugz,
Michele

Sara Fleming said...

you know, i had a sneaky suspicion that you were pregnant!!! CONGRATS :) totally excited for ya!

Pleasant Living said...

congratulations! You look stunning!

Kelly said...

YAY!!! We love Little Pumpkin! Andy and I are so excited for the two of you, and enjoyed the experience of the heartbeat on Thursday night! I loved all of the baby festivities, and can't wait to find out if Pumpkin is a boy or a girl! You and Zack are going to be wonderful parents, and I hope that you share you Baby Wise and parenting class knowledge with me! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! You are so darn cute and look amazing!

Erin said...

Good job holding out for 12 weeks--what a task!!! Congratulations, and that is a really sweet story! :)

Sandra said...

Congratulations!!! Babies are so wonderful. And such an amazing gift from the Lord.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! And what a fun way to tell your parents! I love Apples to Apples!

Tori said...

CONGRATS!!! I am excited for you..it's the best thing you'll ever do and you are soo creative in every way, you'll be a great mom!!

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you! :) Here's to a Happy & Healthy pregnancy! Can't wait to watch your progress!!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! It is always very exciting when a new baby enters the family. I hope that you have a smooth pregnancy!

~Meredith

Gwen Ann Wilson said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story :)
If you are looking for funky, sexy, versatile and affordable maternity wear, please visit us here at Maternity Clothing for the latest fashion on Maternity Clothes.

Claremont First Ward said...

How exciting. I'm so happy for you, and love how you told your family.

Your new clothes are so cute. Have you seen those band that you can buy for your belly in different colors? They make it so you can wear regular pants much longer and on they look like a layered tank? Wish they had those when I was preggo! :)

Julie H said...

How fun! Congrats, love the way you told your family. That is one hard secret to keep for that long!

Mother Hood said...

Congratulations! Life will NEVER be the same! And that's a good thing! Welcome to the club, kiddo! Please keep us posted.

abby said...

AWWW CONGRATULATIONS! how exciting! and an a cool way to tell the news.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you & Zack!
~Doriann

Anonymous said...

Woooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooo! What exciting news!!!! and what a wonderful way to tell the family! Can't wait to watch the baby bump grow! hehehe!
Congrats girl,
Abigail

tiarastantrums said...

oh this is so fabulous!
CONGRATS! and you are so tiny!!!!!!
you won't really show until 6-7 months I bet!!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Congratulations! This is going to be the best thing that has ever happened...I know...I just had my baby girl 6 1/2 months ago! We also found out on Valentine's Day.
:-)

Nancy said...

I've been away a few days, and what a surprise to return to! Congratulations on your wonderful news!! I too am looking forward to the progression of baby bump pictures. The Apples to Apples reveal was so creative! God Bless you and your growing family!

Angie Yeats said...

Oh my goodness! We are so excited for you guys! Hope your feeling good and enjoy every moment!!!! Love you guys! Congrats again!!!

Ginny said...

Huge Congrats to you!

Shara said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see your progression each week - love the fruit idea!! :)

Unknown said...

This almost made me cry. So exciting! Congratulations. Your family seems SO wonderful!

G. said...

Congratulations...Better late than never! :) What exciting news! Gotta love Valentine's Day. :) You will make a wonderful mommy. God Bless.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker