Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trendy Tuesday - Moon Shoes

Remember when you were a kid and you weren't cool if you weren't running down your sidewalk in these moon shoes? My sisters and I had a pair...I think we looked pretty dumb but felt like we were the coolest thing since sliced bread!


Well, like all trends, I assumed that would fade away. But no. Last night hubby and I went to our local park for a peaceful picnic dinner (plus the fact is was 82 degrees in our house since the AC is broken). We're sitting there eating and this lady in her late 50's jogs/hops/bounces past us on these:


Apparently these are the new trend for higher impact work outs. I've seen the more stilt-like versions in entertainment venues, but not in my local park for working out. Will everyone be wearing these by 2020?

7 lovely comments:

Megan said...

The "new ones" make me think that I would fall.. and embarrass myself- Although I don't know which would be more embarrassing-- falling with moon shoes on or wearing moon shoes..

I never got a pair when I was a kid.. boy was I deprived!!

Kelley said...

oh goodness! I always wanted some moon shoes....

I would totally eat it in those new fangled shoes.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love that you guys had a picnic dinner!! Oh, thanks for checking out my blog--all this stuff will be oh so interesting to you very soon!!

Melinda said...

I had Moon Shoes too! I think that I had to sell like a ton of stuff in a fundraiser to earn them. And I agree with Megan that I would totally fall and break my ankle in the new ones.

Ashley said...

Those are some intense looking moon shoes. Imagine how cool you would look running down the block in those!

Unknown said...

Those are cool looking, but I enjoy being able to walk without the aid of crutches. I would totally fall and break my ankle, and probably my neck too!

Mother Hood said...

We would've been cracking up! Sounds like fun though. I'd give it a try!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker