Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: Spring is springing

It's going to be a high of 81 degrees here today!!!
Oh, I am sooo excited! I am soaking up every moment of it that I can today, as the high tomorrow will be only 43 :(

Anyways, back to today...So I am always a bit flustered this time of year, because warmer weather reaquaints itself with us during this month, but on the other hand, my poor little legs haven't seen a ray of direct sunlight since last October.

So the question is...when is it safe to wear a skirt with bare legs? I was going to wear this really cute dress today, but I did not want to expose my pastey whites.

But on the other hand, who wears leather boots on an 80 degree day?


So this time of year, what is best to do? I opted out completely and went with another pair of dress pants :( But they're pink, so that's springy!

14 lovely comments:

Amy said...

I end up opting for long pants. *Sigh*

I pray that this day finds you well.

God Bless,
Amy:)

Kati said...

Hey girl.. following you back! I LOVE your blog design!!!

Meg said...

my legs are always pasty white so it doesn't really matter to me. Hah.

Pleasant Living said...

My legs are always pasty, too. This will be the first summer that I'm not obsessed with a tan. I guess I'm maturing.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to say that I'm jealous of your weather!

Shea said...

Bare those pasty whites! That is what spring is all about. No one has a natural tan right now. Enjoy!

Mother Hood said...

Two words my friend: Sunless Tanner

I always apply some for the first week of warm weather. It knocks the white glow down a couple of notches! Just make sure you blend well!

Rachel said...

Rock your pasty whites girl....wear the skirt!

Shannon said...

My solution is always capri pants until I can get a tan. :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

I struggled with the same thing this morning. I went with dress pants. I just couldn't bring myself to expose these white legs just yet. I don't know why--its not like the color of them is going to change a whole lot once it is warm all the time.

Sarah Rose said...

Since tanning is pretty much not an option these days, my legs are pretty much always pasty. By June, I'll suck it up and get some Jergen's tanning lotion (it works!), but for now I am loving me some leggings. And I know they'd look killer on you, with your long legs and all! I found some brightly colored ones at Target on the cheap, and I'd bet they're even cheaper now that spring is coming!

Heathahlee said...

I have a friend who says I have "porcelain" skin...I like that thought, because I most definitely have pasty white legs. Another friend and I were just talking about this today. I was going to wear light khaki capris, but I was afraid no one would be able to tell where my capris ended and my legs began!

Anonymous said...

My legs are equally pasty!

kelly said...

the jergens tanning lotion is great... otherwise, i'd go for boots without the nylons or tights.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker