Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays - Sad Time

Over the past week, many horrific events have happened. It's almost too overwhelming to fathom. The evilness of the world has taken a swing this week, and its a very sad time. Here are a few of the events I'm sure you all have already heard about this week. (click on each title for the news article)

*
*
*
*
Also, this past week the close neighbors of my sister and her husband committed suicide. He was a wonderful husband, father and friend.
*
And a few days ago, this murder and fire occured in the neighborhood my parents used to live in.

I am posting these for Thoughtful Thursday not to bring everyone down, but to remind each of us what a blessing every day of life is. Please take a few moments today to think of and pray for these families who are enduring the loss of their innocent loved ones this week.

12 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

O that is HORRIBLE! thankfully we have hope. Jesus.

Megan said...

Somedays I hate to even turn on the news because I don't want to hear all of the bad things in the world--how bad is that!?

Meg said...

I saw most of those on the news. I was pretty shocked. I'm with Megan sometimes I hate to even turn the news on.

Whitney said...

Yes these things are tragic! :( So sad.

Nancy said...

It seems like the tragedies get closer and closer to "home" every time. All the more reason to share THE Good News every opportunity we get. Thanks for the perspective!

Heathahlee said...

I often wonder how people can live in this world without the hope of Jesus. People are hurting, hurting, hurting. Thanks for the reminder to pray.

Abby♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby♥ said...

Yes, this past month has been hard for me also. A 7 year old that went to my church died unexpectally to an unknown cause, there was a fight at the mall like 10 minutes away from us that was very big, and there was a shooting in a neighborhood that my classmates live near, but through all this, I am so thankful we have JESUS, and have HOPE! We defintely need to pray...

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Thanks for posting, it is incredibly sad, and unfortunately a good reminder of how blessed we are everyday. Will definitely stop and say a prayer for these families...

Jennifer Owens said...

It is so discouraging and disheartening to hear of stuff like this going on around the world and even close to home. It makes me grateful that my hope remains in Jesus. Thanks for the reminder to pray in such a fallen world.

Carebear said...

I am grateful everyday that God blesses my family with health, safety and freedom. My heart breaks for all of the victims you listed. We've had the flu here so I haven't watched the news in a few days, so these stories were shockingly fresh to me.

I actually just came by to tell you that the randomly-selected winner of the Cheesecake Factory gift certificate is Joy from Joy to the Blog. Thanks so much for entering my giveaway, and for becoming a follower! I hope you enjoy my blog! I try to visit at least 2 of my followers daily to spread comment love so I’ll be seeing you soon!

P.S. Come visit for my best giveaway ever from March 23rd-26th!

That Fresh Feeling said...

You are exactly right i will keep them all in my prayers

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker