Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: Sock Bouquet

Allllll my friends are pregnant these days. So I attend many baby showers. After awhile, I feel like I bring the same gifts over and over. So I found this new idea I'm going to use when I attend my next shower to spice things up!


It's the perfect idea! You can use any color sock, or even a variety. And you know the Mom will love this essential gift!!! Here's how to make it...

1) Roll up Sock

2) Fold bottom up to look like a flower


3) Create a "stem" with wire




4) Use floral tape to wrap around and secure on

Now, don't any of you locals be stealing my idea at the next baby shower we attend together. I will show everyone this post if need be :) Just kidding....no but seriously...

Do you have any baby shower ideas? Anything you've done/seen done that was unique?

ps...check out the awesome valentine's giveaway at The Glamerous Housewife's blog!

17 lovely comments:

Heathahlee said...

Allie! That is just precious! I wish there were a baby shower I could go to just so I could to that!

Christie said...

I recently went to a baby shower where they had made a "cake" out of rolled up diapers as a (inedible, of course) centerpiece. It's a cute project if you are throwing a baby shower and then you can gift it to the Mom afterwards.

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful and creative! What a great idea!

Unknown said...

I always take diapers. That's a present every mommy needs. Not very exciting or glamorous though.

Amy said...

That is adorable! I am sending this to my friend who is throwing a shower for her daughter Sunday!:)

Whitney said...

That is sooo cute!! I saw something similar at a baby boutique this weekend and just about died! So sweet.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

How stinkin' cute!

The Shillingburg's said...

I've seen people write messages on diapers, so that when the mom and dad to be is changing diapers at 3 a.m., they have a little encouragement and maybe a laugh.

Julie said...

that is a great idea, thanks!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

I just read your post about "He's Just Not That into You" - you are absolutely right! I posted about it too - I had kind of a different take on it, though. I basically agree with the fact that if people care about you, they don't treat you like [anyone in that movie]. I can tell you, I don't want any of the relationships in that movie! Any movie suggestions that are more inspiring for relationships?

Megan said...

That is perfect! Especially if you were hosting the shower for decoration.

Annikke said...

I made one of these once and got so many compliments...... lately all the showers have been for boys! It isn't quite as fun with boy socks... the frilly pink ones make such a cute bouquet.

(BTW.....yours is way cuter than mine turned out!)

Kristina said...

Check out my blog for a fun fun fun giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word how cute is that?

Pleasant Living said...

Very very cute! It'll be the talk of the next shower that you go to!

Sarah Rose said...

Allison, something some dear friends did for me when I was pregnant with Phoebe was to host a prayer shower. The hostess printed about 30 cards with different scriptures to pray over the yet-to-be-born baby Phoebe, and different girls took a handful of cards. We enjoyed typical baby shower fare, but then we spent about an hour praying over little Phoebe's life. I got to keep all of the cards -- and the names of the girls who prayed the specific prayers over her. Now, I can look back over them and remember some of the specific prayers... it's a delight to see them fulfilled in her little life already!

april mohler said...

That is such a neat idea! I'll have to try that. ;)

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker