Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday Mayhem - Skiing

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. My weekend didn't really seem like a "weekend". We had plans from the minute I got off work on Friday until we arrived home late last night. But dont' get me wrong...we had a great weekend! Just no resting or relaxing involved :)

Friday evening we had a great double date with some wonderful friends of ours. We had fajitas *snap snap* (like Ross on Friends) at one of our favorite mexican restaurants and then went to see the opening night of "He's Just Not That Into You".

Now, many people will tell you they thougth the movie was great, and it was funny at moments, but I hated it. I would seriously rather throw up in my sock and put it back on than go watch this movie again. Its basically 2 1/2 hours of 5 disgusting relationships. It sickened me to watch these unbiblical, worldly relationships being featured on a movie! No wonder there are so many divorces in this world! They were promoting and encouraging thoughts and actions that would create nothing but an unhealthy relationship. Ugh.

On saturday, we went skiing with our college kids from church. We had a blast! Although it was about 60 degrees, it made for some fun skiing. We didn't have to pile on coats and scarves and gloves or anything, but about half way through the day, the warm weather and high traffic skiing caused for a lot of slush. And its pretty hard to control your skis on slush.

We had a blast and got to know a lot of kids from the other campus. My hubby snowboarded and I stuck with the skis this time. Here I am on top of the mountain...errr...hill...

19 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, YEA! I see, at least at the beginning of my typing that I will be the 1st to comment...so I'll try to type at the speed of light! :D

I heard about this movie from Kel...speck so...that your review was correct...oddly enough...Brother Mark preached on I Corinthians 7:1-40 yesterday and it was entitled "Make Marriage Matter"...some significant guidelines for us to follow for us married, those married as a Christian to a non christian and to those yet not married...a good read and study...speck so! Hence, saving others from wanting to throw up in their sock and putting it back on! Ah, tee hee hee

Secondly, I LOVE the picture of you skiing! You are upright! Bravo...and smiling! A sign of a good time! Seeing the good in all things! Warm weather and you still show the positive in this situation...what better way for us all to begin our Monday Morning. I just spent the past several hours reading and pouring over John 14... beginning with "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me." What a great way to begin our Monday Mornings...seeing God's Goodness for us all. I hear the birdies chirpping outside this a.m. and am happy to see our ever popular Bobie on the shoreline at the Resort. Ah, God is so Good...speck so!
Happy Monday right back at you...love you, Love, mom oxoxox

Whitney said...

Sounds like a great weekend - minus the whole movie thing. :) But I'm sure the fajitas made up for it!

Amy said...

I want to see the movie. I read the book. Sadly, all of that crap really happens in real life and I for one, can relate to some of that stuff. I've seen and heard worse, believe me.

Mimi Elise said...

Yeah, I saw the preview it looked like their was a lot of junk in it.

Cool, i went skiing last tuesday!
It was a blast: http://mimielise.blogspot.com/2009/02/skiing-for-first-time.html

Rachel said...

You look like a pro!!!

Megan said...

Well, I am glad that I did not go watch that movie! We are going snow tubing at the end of this month and I am totally looking forward to it!

Liz Harrell said...

Your ski trip sounds way better than that movie! Thanks for the review, I watched that preview this weekend and felt skeptical about it. Thanks for confirming my fears... now I dont have to waste two hours! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to be the reviewer for all of us who now know we don't want to see this movie! I had heard it was a depressing movie, and you have confirmed that. Would it be appropriate to show a couples' class on what a godly relationship is NOT? We're teaching Fireproof, and what a contrast, sounds like! Love you, sweet Allison! Skiing, snow, tubing...sounds so fun! Wish it woulda made it south!! Mrs Sallye

Shannon said...

That Friends episode is one of my all time favorites. That one and the one where Ross tries to "attack" Rachel and Phoebe. :)

I saw that movie too and thought it was depressing and shocking. Very worldly!

Lauren said...

Thats disappointing. I haven't seen that movie but I hate movies that are so worldly and depressing. Gross. Sorry! :( At least you went skiing!!

Anonymous said...

I figured that about the movie, just from watching the previews.

Skiing looks so fun. I haven't been in years.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the movie review. I wondered if it would be worth the $8.00. I think I will wait until it comes out on rental.

Jennifer Owens said...

I was wanting to see that movie - but after your description - especially after throwing up in a sock and putting it on - you may have talked me out of it!

Glad you had fun skiing!

Unknown said...

Slush isn't good for skiing at all. I am sorry the movie was bad. You should have seen Taken. The men would have liked that WAY better. I can't even imagine trying to talk Gary into seeing a girl movie.

Sweet Simplicity said...

You make ski goggles look good! :)

Aliya said...

i had so-so feelings about the movie, too... it was a fun girls night out, but i expected more! at least bradley cooper was good eye candy :)

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I had no idea that movie was like that and I have plans to see it with three girlfriends tomorrow!!!! I so want to back out now. I know what you mean about wanting to vomit after seeing stuff like that. I hate how our culture glorifies those activities/lifestyles now. Ugh! Thanks for the heads up.
JH

Claremont First Ward said...

I agree......Unhealthy at best. Didn't it make you glad you weren't in that sort of dating scene?

Do you remember the girl at the grocery store at the very end that Jennifer C. husband starts stareing at? She's the one that played my twins "mom" in the commercial they did.

Unknown said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting my blog! Your picture reminds me a lot of where we went... we went to Boone, NC... it was my first time- so much fun!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker