Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: New color trend?

I'm sure most of you saw the wonderful Oscars this past Sunday. My most favorite part is the red carpet because I want to see what everyone's wearing, and then hear the trash talk about it on Monday :)


This year I seemed to notice a pattern...did you? It appeared to me that the majority was wearing either cream, black or dark shades of blue...










What are they trying to say? Are creams and dark blues now in fashion for the season? I hope not...cream does nothing for my hair and complexion colors...I'd be white as a ghost!

14 lovely comments:

Beth said...

Maybe Michelle Obama started the cream trend with the gown she wore to the Inaugural balls?

I agree that it's a hard color to wear, although I love it for decor.

Meg said...

m no longer a blonde but it would make me look like a ghost, too!

I like the blue though

Sweet Simplicity said...

I just love looking at all the pretty dresses!

Kelley said...

I agree! I'm already pale enough! haha but I do love the dark blue...it works with my hair!

Anonymous said...

Navy blue with an accent of black is a european style, not likely cozied up to here in the u.s. this is did find out while on a recent search for my mob dress.

I love ball gowns and COLOR...it cheers one up...both the wearer and the lookie!
Have a great day! God Bless, Love, mom ps. working on the book jacket...next!

Claremont First Ward said...

Hey, you're right. I've always wondered who decided what colors are in! :)

Rachel said...

I can't keep up with all these trends!!! Neither can my bank account!

Susan said...

Cream is a tough color to wear - I think a number of the dresses looked beautiful, just not on some of the wearers. I don't think your dress should be the same color as your skin. The dark blue on the other hand seemed to work better.

Russell said...

Loved the navy and blue colored dresses!

Sandra said...

I am excited that yellow seems to be coming back in style for this spring. I love yellow and look great in it! I am excited for some color in my wardrobe and ready to put away the heavy dark winter stuff.

Karen said...

I am such a dork. I love all the dresses the critics hate. Go figure.

Heathahlee said...

From these pictures it looks like they at least had more covered up than in years past! Yay! : )

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

First dress is absolutely stunning!

tiarastantrums said...

yeah - I can't do cream either!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker