Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hilarities: Bird Infestation

Last week, the day before the snow/ice storm, I was having a lovely conversation with my mom on the phone. Mid sentence, she stops and say, "OH MY GOSH there are like 2,000 birds in this one yard across the street!"


My mom can (as we all do sometimes) over emphasize things. I did not believe her. 2,000 birds? Pllluuuease.

I'm still on the phone with her during this hysteria...she's running around frantically looking for the camera, every two seconds still checking out the window to see if they're still there. I hear the clicks of the camera. "I'm emailing these to you."

Here's what she sent me:







After capturing these photos, mom looked down for a moment to scroll through them. When she looked back up, they were GONE! In a blink of an eye the yard looked like this:


Now, the next day, mom was talking to some friends and these birds got brought up. She quickly learned the story and reasoning behind the eerie, strange, massive amount of birds.

do you know???

Apparently birds have a built-in sensory that indicates when a massive snow storm is about to arrive. They can sense it up to 24 hours in advance. This kicks off their plan to get as much food from the grass as they can possible store up, because once the snow hits, they won't have access anymore.

Brilliant little birds, aren't they? Just another way the Lord shows us that He has a plan for everything, and made His creation perfect in His image! He perfectly made these birds, giving them the sense of weather conditions for their survival!

18 lovely comments:

Megan said...

That is really neat! I didn't realize their weather sensors either..

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are alot of birds! :D
Amazing!

We got 3.9 inches more yesterday but did not see this many birds...probably because we still have the 12 inches from last week!

It is suppose to be in the 50's here by the weekend! Crazy! Have a Great Day! God Bless, Love mom oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mimi Elise said...

wow ! that is really cool!!! i wonder....

Emily said...

That is hilarious! I never knew any of that...makes total sense! Have a good rest of the rest!

xoxo, emily

N said...

Yeah, I've heard that about birds! But wow...what a LOT of them!

Annikke said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing!!!

Karen said...

Neat post! I was going to say that the house across the street was a pit stop, but you got there so eloqently. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

That is really cool; I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so amazing! I can't believe it...that really was like 2000 birds! heheh! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

eww thats kinda creepy! "THE BIRDS!" lol

The Shillingburg's said...

Birds kind of creep/gross me out. There's a parking spot at Kroger that is under a tree and it's covered in bird poo. Just thought I'd share.

Shell in your Pocket said...

We have had that before and they make a mess everywhere!
-sandy toe

Erin said...

Wow, I had no idea! Crazy birds!!!

Jennifer said...

Very interesting! I'll have to keep an eye out the next time we are expecting a snow storm!

Anonymous said...

OMG~ that's like straight out of the movie "Birds". freaky.

Shannon said...

Wow! I love fake bird things but real birds really creep me out! :) I would have freaked!

Unknown said...

Wow thats a lot of birds! My daughter would have freaked out she is scared of birds!

Tiffany said...

Holy Cow! That's a lot of birds!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker