Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays - It's not easy...



We can all learn a lesson from Kermit today...sometimes life isn't easy. Sometimes we find ourselves complaining about things that cannot be changed, or the way God has created us.

But just like Kermit, take a few moments to look at the positive side of your life today. Come up with at least three things that are good and joyful about yourself or your life! (ps...you don't have to comment your list...somethings are personal! but just think about them for yourself today if you don't want to share).

14 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

#1. The Joy of my Salvation!
#2. I live in a beautiful home with ALMOST everyone I love the most!
#3. I got to watch the snow fall from the heavenly relms yesterday and stand outside with my daughter and hear the silence of the snow!
#4. I could go on, you know!?

Great post! Oh, I love Kermie and all of the fabulous memories of him over the years. Dad and I use to watch the Muppet Show every Saturday night...even before we had children...yes...I admit...we were 2 wild and crazy Mr.and Mrs.! HA! God Bless, hope you are feeling better! Love, mom

Megan said...

Ohhh Kermie!!

1. The roof over my head
2. The food on my plate
3. The clothes on my back

--Those are things that I try to remember to be thankful for everyday because not everyone can say that they have those things--and I am very blessed, even on my worst day!

Rachel said...

1. My kids and my husband
2. That I still have a job
3. Thankful that each day is a new day.

Great post!

Nancy said...

Yes, I love Kermie too! I love him because not only is he cute, he's smart too!

I'm thankful that even though it's just a 9 to 5 job, that at least I have one.

Anonymous said...

Such a good reminder! I have too many to list!

Heathahlee said...

I do love me some Kermit! Okay, here's my list of just three:

My Jesus
My Husband
My Kiddo

Need I say more? : )

Sara Fleming said...

oh how i Kermit...green was my favorite color and frogs were my favorite animal (still are!) as a child because of him...thank you for adding me to the list of blogs you follow :) i feel honored! OH, also, i may have something for a give-away for you sometime soon...i started a soap company awhile back, and although i'm only selling them locally, i'd love to donate some! let me know what you think ;) God bless Allison!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I love this song. And while I am out of a job from being laid off and searching for a new one, I do make sure each day to look at the positive. There are so many people whose lives are turned upside down from the economy, so I am thankful that I can be out of work and still not struggle. Still searching, but at least with peace and without anxiety.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I am thankful for my home! 2 years ago my home burned down and with it hitting its 2 year anniversary It has been on my mind.

I am thankful for my children, the most precious gifts I will ever be given.

I am thankful for my hubby who I have shared my life with since I was 12 years old. He is so my rock, I can't imagine having to go through life without him!

Lindsey said...

LOVE Kermit!!

Unknown said...

Such a good reminder! There is always something to be thankful for...even in the depths of despair!

Anonymous said...

lol

Liz Harrell said...

This really made me smile. :)

sassy stephanie said...

Oh man, how true. Great post.

1. The Lord Almighty and His love for me!
2. Family and renewed health!
3. Friends

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker