Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: Boyfriend Cardigan

I saw this on one of my favorite style websites...The Boyfriend Cardigan. I am all about the sweaters and layer look, as well as dressy and preppy, but I'm not to keen on the male look. I think I have some mixed feelings on this style and its debateable whether or not I would ever jump on this trend wagon...











Now after looking at some of these, I must say I might like wearing them...depending on the print and colors. Like the one with the belt...you could definitely make the sweater look good. And I think the length would benefit my long torso. I am always in need of long shirts!!!

Well, thoughts? Opinions on this style? Would you wear them?

19 lovely comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love them. They are so comfy. Plus they can make a casual outfit seem a little more trendy. Plus I love any type of cardigan.

William, Megan and Avery said...

I would totally wear them... as long as they're not too long. They look so comfy! AND my husband and I tend to be cardigan-obsessed as of lately :)

Anonymous said...

I don't care for the first option so much...too long and the thickness of the trim, I don't care for. However, I do like the dark gray style and the sleekness of the design...I would wear it! Thanks for keeping us "trendy"! I wore one of my scarves this morning...nasty weather outside..but I looked fine! :D
Have a great day! Love, fashionable mom, a tee hee hee xoxo

Rachel said...

I would wear them absolutely; you can dress it up or down.

Misty said...

cute...
i love how the new trend is to label things "boyfriend". They tested the water with Boyshorts and then came out with "the boyfriend jeans" which are slightly more glorified pegged pants. now this. :)

Tiffany said...

Hi there, I just came over from Liz's blog. I actually just bought one of these cardigans this weekend. I love it! I would imagine that you would have to find the right fit in order to keep it from looking boxy and boyish. For me, I just button the top couple buttons to keep it looking curvy. Wearing it with faded jeans and heels works. About the boyfriend label, I wouldn't be too thrilled if my boyfriend (husband, actually) came out of the room wearing one of these. :)

tiarastantrums said...

I like the look of these - but they do not look goo don me - I'm too short - and very round at the rear and hips!!

Whitney said...

I think they're super cute!! :)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I would wear them! They are really cute-can you tell us where some of them came from?

Melinda said...

They're kind of cute. I might wear a long one if I had the body to wear some leggings underneath and if I didn't look like I was trying to look 17 :)

Nancy said...

I think they very trendy, but I also think you're on to something with the long torso. Let me add thin to that too. I just don't think they'd do much for my short and chunky figure, except make me look shorter and rounder.

Russell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

I like the one with the belt as well... but I am afraid it wouldn't do much for me. I have a really short waist. Long legs, but short waist. Pretty sure it would look silly on me. Oh well. ;-)

Heathahlee said...

Yes, the one with the belt is very cute. I think the rest of them might make me look like two-ton Tessie.

Kasey said...

They look really comfy, I don't know how flattering they'd be on my curvy body.

Anonymous said...

im not a big fan of the second one, but it would prolly look better on a model. otherwise, i LOVE the rest of them.

tootie said...

I think they look really cute!

But I'm not sure how they would look on me. (It could either look really good, or really Grandma-ish.) I think I'd have to try one on to decide for sure.

jlc said...

I have one in grey and wear it all the time. Love it!

Lauren said...

Hmm i think i like them but i'm not sure. They are so long, which, depending on the outfit and bodytype could be totally flattering or totally tragic.
Visit my blog!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker