Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: 80's Flashback

I have a few free magazine subscriptions through My Coke Rewards. One of them is Marie Claire. I much rather prefer Lucky, as they show clothes that are more realistically affordable, but Marie Claire is a little higher up on the fashion. So I was sorely disappointed when I opened the most recent issue and saw flashbacks of my childhood...


(ps...i have a work breakfast this morning and i left my actual MC magazine at home, which shows all the real treasures I found, but for now I'll just give you a jist of what i found...)



this first picture is from the MC website...her multi-colored jacket is $2000, in case anyone was just dying to get one...



These sunglasses are from Forever 21. They have a few different selections of color combinations for $5

And finally, these pants are from Forever 21 as well. Can you see the rainbow stripe in there?

Now, maybe I'm just a little weirded out by this fashion choice for Spring 2009 because I grew up in styles like these in the 80's. They say that if a style comes around a second time in your lifetime, you're probably too old to pull it off again. THANK GOODNESS.

22 lovely comments:

Caroline said...

i don't really think i am going for this new style!! It does look just like the 80's though.

Amy said...

Amen!;)

I just pray that the 80s hair looks don't come back with the trendy fashions.

Shudder.;)

Mrs. Olsen said...

Ahh! Nooo! Not the AGAIN!!!

Nancy said...

Those sunglasses look like the kind that change color when the sun hits them. Yes, I had a pair. Matter of fact, I had several pairs. And, NO, I will never wear them again! I'm with you on that.

Sweet Simplicity said...

Yuck! These items are a little too much for me.

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I never board a plane without a MC. I like that it has articles which some magazines lack these days. But, no, I wouldn't be caught in anyone of those!

tiarastantrums said...

HA - I would never wear those pants - well, if someone paid me I might!

Anonymous said...

Yea I am not feelin's any of that. I hope that doesn't really come into style anytime soon!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

haha! but the gray sweatshirt dress looks really comfy (I'm all about comfort right now) and kinda cute, is it just me? might be a little young for me, don't know if i could pull it off, ha! everything else has to go! did you end up appearing on wheel of fortune?? what happened??

Rachel said...

I love fashion but sometimes I have to say "who thinks that looks good"!

The Shillingburg's said...

I'm actually glad that I'm probably too old for those!! :)

Unknown said...

No I just think I can do it again!

Jennifer Owens said...

Seriously, I don't get all these styles from the 80's making a comeback! I thought most of the 80's were tacky. Maybe I'm just not hip and cool and never will be! And that jacket is just slightly overpriced! (o:

Liz Harrell said...

NO! It's like a bad flashback.

All I can say is... Hammer Pants. :)

Erin said...

Poor choices, Forever 21! I usually love that website for the uber-trendy, of-the-moment types of purchases....I didn't know THESE things were trendy now! Ick.

Elizabeth said...

I hope that I never EVER see anyone is those pants ever. Those should be against the law! Especially if they have tube socks over them!

Mrs Anne said...

please make it ALL go away.

:(

In Definition said...

the 80s is pretty much the only fashion era that should never be repeated.

Tori said...

Seriously! When I went to Denver right before Christmas we went in this American Apparel store and everything was exactly like you posted --80's!! Ugh!! YOu know it's bad if they are trying to bring back metallic spandex... ha ha!!

Lauren said...

Yuck...I am not into those styles at all! They are so tacky!

Mother Hood said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Someone must put a stop to this!!!

Kendra said...

We had to know it was only a matter of time with the return of those horrible skinny jeans. We could focus on the bright side. Maybe we won't have to worry about how many times a day we're going to see more mid(and low)-riff than we care to see!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker