Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Thanksgiving Weekend

Can you believe Monday is already here? Why is it that wonderful holiday vacations fly by SO quickly??? I feel like just yesterday I was counting down the hours for Thanksgiving vacation...now here I sit, back at work, back to work.

What makes Mondays better??? Pictures, of course! So here are a few from our wonderful weekend...







Beautiful Thanksgiving Feast Table! This is where the overendulging took place...




Mom and the girls



Dad and his girls



we LOVE the Rockettes! every year, we stop what we're doing to watch them on the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade!



We played LOTS of card games over the weekend...Eucre, Shanghi Rummy and Drug Dealer :)





Thanksgiving feast is ready! This was taken when we were all hungry and thin... ;)





So, what's the best thing to do after a long day of cooking and eating? Get up extra early the next morning and shop BLACK FRIDAY! Oh yea :) We did it. We got up at 4:30 am and hit the stores. It was awesome. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Here's how four girls who rolled out of bed and ran like a madman through the stores look at 5:30 am with Starbucks reinforcements:

20 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. You are brave girls tackling black Friday. Did you find any good deals?

Whitney said...

I bet your mom has so much fun with 3 daughters. I love it!

Jennifer Owens said...

Looks like so much fun! The table was gorgeous and your spread of food looked fabulous!! Loved all of your family pictures.

I love the Rockettes too - next to Santa, they're my favorite part of the Macy's parade. They are amazing to watch! (o:

Heathahlee said...

Looks like you had such a fun weekend! That table was beautiful!

A friend and I went shopping Friday but we didn't get out at 4:30. We left at the more-to-my-liking time of 10:00. I know, I know, the best sales were off by then, but the extra sleep was worth it! : )

Kelly said...

Great pics, meeske!!! very good overview! how's the house coming? be sure to post some "unpacking" pics! oh, and my Word Verification below is "undiess" :D atehehehe

Anonymous said...

Ok - I want to file a complaint... How can all of you ladies look so gorgeous SO early in the morning?? That is totally not fair! And that's exactly why I didn't get up early on Black Friday. It takes me a while to get presentable! Sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Anonymous said...

Just a few comments to comment on the comments. :D

1. YES! I LOVED having ALL of my girls in the kitchen with me...I think this was THE best Thanksgiving of preparation ever!
2. Indeed!, The Rockettes and Santa at the end of the Macys parade... the ONLY reason to watch! Also, if you have a high school band to support of course...but the 2 things are the real reason for watching...and eating in between. :D
3. We look good not because we got ready...but our enthusiasm over our GREAT BUYS gave us that "special glow!" Still celebrating all of the savings! Which of course made the $ go farther...plus...I'm done! YEA!
4. LOVE looking at the pics all over again for it all goes way toooo fast for this mom and this way I get to live your presence all over again!
5. Cannot wait to have my girls together again this weekend for a Saturday of celebration, music, and food finery! Love, mom oxooxo

Anonymous said...

Seriously! I don't look that good at anytime of the day let alone 5:30 in the AM! :o) You guys are to cute! Angie Y.

Michele said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! I used to shop Black Friday, but since the kids are older, the presents are now gift cards and money...:(

Hugz,
Michele

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love that you went shopping "black friday" together. You all look beautiful for 5am!!

Rachel said...

what great pics! what a beautiful group of girls...the table is stunning I must say!

Unknown said...

It looked like lots of fun! Girls are the best aren't they? Don't you want one ASAP? Me too!

Erin said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Cute pictures! You guys are such a cute family!

michele said...

I love your pictures! I have two sisters and had a beautiful mom, she has passed away, we did all sorts of fun things together... shopping, going to the beach, walking, shopping :)...these pics make me miss my mom so much. What a beautiful family you have!

Mrs Anne said...

*WAIT*.... you know SHANGHAI RUMMY????

omg! i think i love you!!!

That's a tried and true family card game we play every year!!!!

:)

love these pics sweet pea!

Tracie Carlton said...

you and zach ar so adorable together... every pic you are in is stunning!

PS, I love your thangsgiving outfit!

Casey's trio said...

What a great post. Your family looks lovely..can I come over and spend some time with you all?

Anonymous said...

glad you have a fun thanksgiving!! was it crazy where you live??

Anonymous said...

glad you have a fun thanksgiving!! was it crazy shopping on black friday where you live??

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker