Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Christmas at the Resort

We're spending Christmas with the Husband's family in Oklahoma this year, so we had Christmas with my family this past weekend. It was wonderful. It was so great, in fact, that to me, Christmas is over. We were eating our Christmas dinner, and I see the mailman through the dining room window and think to myself, "Why is the post office working on a holiday?" :)
Here are a few pictures from our wonderful day. I got TONS of great gifts! And the ladies all got at least 2 scarves...so this was the Year of the Scarves!

Our beautiful family room! Didn't my family do a wonderful job of decorating the tree?

Fez and his HUGE dog bone! He spent the whole day working on it and managed to disconnect one of the knots at the end.


The ladies with the scarves!


Grandpa got Grandma a new sweater...and several beautiful clothing items!


Mom's new umbrella...and seven years of bad luck :)



One of my scarves and some yummy holiday treats from Kelly

Dad got an iPod Touch! We never heard from him the rest of the day... :)

Relaxing after a wonderful day of gifts and foods!

We got up very early Sunday morning and decided to treat ourselves with Starbucks for the ride home. Apparently they offer a Pup Cup...an espresso cup with whipped cream for dogs...Fez was so excited, his eyes almost popped out...

16 lovely comments:

Amy said...

The Christmas tree is beautiful; as is your family!
And I love the dog bone...It was bigger than the dog. LOL!:)
And I have never heard to the Starbucks pup cup..That is too funny! My Allie Girl would have her eyes bugging out too!
Merry Christmas!
God Bless,
Amy:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Christmas with your family!

I saw you on WOF Friday night. I didn't get to see the whole thing, but it was exciting!

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a fun Christmas celebration! I love the pics of Fez. I would have loved to see him trying to carry that big bone around. We gave our little dog a roll of empty wrapping paper and it was hilarious to watch him run with that thing in his mouth.

Pleasant Living said...

I did NOT know that Starbucks gave out pup cups. Our dogs are gonna love that! It looks like you guys had a fabulous Christmas! Don't you just love getting together with family. And, it's been a year of scarves for me, too, but I think it's because I wear one everyday to cover my bald head :)

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Umm. I love that last picture, of Fez & his coffee & his buggy eyes, so much that I want to forward it to everyone I know! So glad you'll get two wonderful Christmases :)

Anonymous said...

Oh YES! We are bundling up Ms. Elle and heading to Starbucks...pronto! A pup cup...how devine! a tee hee hee!

Well, I must say...I woke up this morning and thought I was in the "twilight zone!" The news anchor was talking about how there were only 3 shopping days left until Christmas. "WHAT?!"...but we already HAD Christmas!" I thought! I guess I learned this past Saturday, what your grandfather has tried to teach me for 54 years...it is WHAT you make of "it". I had to "throw" my selfish disappointment OUT of the window and ENJOY the feast of the day that God had blessed us with and you know what?...the bounty of His Gift was far beyond my OWN expectation!...NOW, this DOES not mean I am accepting this routine on a yearly basis :D but for this year...it was good! :D speck so!
Well, bundle up...its cold out there... -16 here this a.m. Happy Vacation to Stev! Love, mom oxoxo

Amy said...

Great pics! I saw you on WOF Friday. I was cheering for you, glad you won something, that was awesome :)

Erin said...

Ha, love the pic of Fez! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love those scarfs!

Do how did you do on WOF - I wasn't home to watch it???

Susan said...

What a wonderful celebration with your family.

We saw you on WOF Friday - you looked fantastic! Glad you won something too ;)

Mother Hood said...

Thanks for sharing! Seeing your wonderful Christmas makes me look forward to having ours!

Megan said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Fez..hahah. That is a HUGE dog bone. I was wondering if a small dog would be able to use it..but Sadie is almost the size of Fez so we may get her one!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That is a gorgeous room!

Mrs Anne said...

oh my goodness i love it!

:)

what a fabulous day!

the pupcup just topped it off!

trish said...

*** Merry Christmas ***

Heathahlee said...

Man, how have I missed so many posts? I just went through the past few and landed here. Fez's face is so cute! I didn't know about the pup cup, either, but I might have to go with Jonathan just to find out if ours has it!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker