Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thoughtful Thursdays: Leap of Faith

So we did it. We actually went through with it. No turning back. We took a leap of faith.
Zack and I bought another house :)




Part of me is SUPER excited!!! We've wanted another house to flip for a few months now, and out of nowhere, this perfect investment, in the exact area we wanted, for a steal of a deal fell in our laps. So, after a considerable amount of time in prayer, seeking God's will, getting advice from other godly men, and discussing EVERY positive and negative part of this decision, WE DID IT!


So now, we young, seminary students, own two houses, in a time of financial downfall in the economy. scary, isn't it??



Not as much for us, as we have been praying about this decision fervently, asking God not to give us this house if it were not His will for us to have it. And now we have it. And now we wait to see what He has planned for our future...


-will we be able to afford both houses?
-will someone be renting out our house?
-if so, who? when?
-what problems, if any, will arise with the new house?


So many questions!!! But for us, not stressful at all. The human side of us wants to freeeaaak out, but having the Holy Spirit in our lives, and knowing we're following His will and plan brings a calming, peaceful joy to our hearts!!!

What is something in your life that you've had to jump out on a leap of faith about? What was the experience like???

20 lovely comments:

Brooke said...

I have homeschooled my two younger kids for a couple of years. My older one is going to be 8. He should be in 2nd grade but really is only able to do kindergarten work. He is on the autism spectrum. He is very high functioning. My daughter completely typical child. She can do more than he can. Sadly. She is 5.

We made the choice to put them in a local public school. My husband is a youth minister and with me staying at home, it was becoming to much financially. I now am doing daycare. It is especially hard to put my son in the trust of the school system. But with the hope that God has a plan, we did it. It may only be for a season, I pray that it will go well.

Good luck with your flip. That sounds so fun to me-who would love to decorate for a living! Blessings!!!!

Weeksie50 said...

I have always wanted to flip a house. I love shows on televison that do it.. I love seeing how it started and how it ended up.. such a fun neat process..

For some reason your pictures don't show up here at school.. I think that is so weird..

Beth said...

I am so excited for you. :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting and so scarey at the same time. I am so glad to see you are trusting in the Lord and just putting your faith in him and following him with your hearts! Good job cause I know how hard that can be at times. I am sure HE has a wonderful plan for this new house... I am excited to see how it turns out for you!

Ashley said...

Congrats! Best of luck!

Heathahlee said...

I laughed when I saw the name of this post...I was in a band for several years and we did an original song called "Leap of Faith." For the video we went to a mountain lake and took a literal leap of faith, jumping off a (albeit small) cliff into the lake, FULLY DRESSED. It was so much fun.

As far as my other, harder leap of faith, I'd say quitting my job and staying home full time to homeschool. But God has blessed us because of it

Megan said...

My dad flips houses..and it is always exciting and scary at the same time. I share your excitement in this!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the flipping process!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Good luck with this endeavor. BTW, my ex brother-in-law has had an episode on Flip This House and is working on another one.

Michele said...

Congrats on finding the house. I've always wanted to flip a house...but now am getting too old!

Hugz,
Michele

tootie said...

Congrats on the new house! I hope the flip goes smoothly!

sassy stephanie said...

Congrats! It will all work out. I bet this is a financial outlet during seminary for you!!

We took a HUGE leap of faith...moved from the burbs (where I grew up and knew EVERYONE) to the country, an hour and a half north, where we know NOBODY! It is a better place to raise our kids with family values still intact. Not that it has not been trying and tiring, but I know in the end, we will look back and see God all over it.

Annikke said...

Way to go! That is exciting!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Hubby and I have been talking for so long about wanting to flip a house! If we could do it now we would! I can't wait to see how it goes! Have so much fun and good for you guys!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you! I have been fearful for one of my friends who had a stroke last week. I know I need to give it to God, but it is just so hard to let go of the fear and the unknown! Thank you for this timely reminder! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Alabama. AWESOME! Love, mom oxoxo
p.s. LOVE the house...LOVE how you "found" it...LOVE you both even more! Love, mom xoxoxooxox

Mrs Anne said...

Congrats on the new house!

What a wonderful process to experience together!

Can't wait to see all of the pics!

:)

Mrs Anne said...

Congrats on the new house!

What a wonderful process to experience together!

Can't wait to see all of the pics!

:)

Sandra said...

Isn't it amazing how doing things with the Lord, following His will for us and listening to Him helps us stay peaceful and calm when there is so much turbulance around. I, like you, feel like I should be more nervous and anxious about the headlines in the news, but I have prayed and sought His advice and knowledge and I just can't get into the panic.

Anonymous said...

o my goodness, your moving!?!
are you going far away, or like a block away??

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker