Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thoughtful Thursdays: Blessings

What a week. Things have been crazy here, with an abundant overflow of blessings in our lives. Let me share with you what God has done in our lives this week:





1) WHEEL OF FORTUNE! Back in the spring, the Wheelmobile came to our city, and Zack and I went to the auditions! Zack was chosen out of a hat to get to audition, the producers loved him, and he got called to another audition, but he couldn't make it, so they said I could go! After making it through all the rounds, two weeks later, I got my acceptance letter to be a contestant! They said a producer would call me within 18 months to schedule my tape date. Well, they called this week!!! I will be flying to L.A. at the end of October, get to go on the set, meet Pat and Vanna, and spin THE wheel!!! At that point, I will find out when it will be airing. HELP! what should I wear?





2) HOUSE INSPECTION! We had our "new" house inspected this week for one last chance to back out if the deal of there was something seriously wrong that we couldn't see about the house. The inspection went GREAT with a few minor repairs, and most of it being paid by the seller! We close two days after we come back from our trip in November!



3) HOUSE RENTER! Now that we've bought this "new" house, we decided to try renting out the one we currently live in and just finished flipping out. We have been in prayer about who would live there, if anyone. Well, God is awesome and has a perfect plan...he has already provided a family to rent out our house! They go to the seminary with Zack and also to our church!!!

And oh, PS...all of this happened within 2 hours on Tuesday :) CRAZY times!!!

29 lovely comments:

Kelly said...

I am so excited for everything that is happening to you! I wish I could go to California :/ It would be SO fun!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Whitney said...

wow - how exciting!!!! I can't believe you are going to be on Wheel of Fortune. You better tell all of us when it airs - I am so excited.

MelissaF said...

Wow! What a fantastic day you had! I can't wait to hear about your experience on Wheel of Fortune. That is too exciting

Anonymous said...

Wow what an awesome week! It is so exciting to read all about what God is doing in your lives this week and in the future! I'm SO excited to see you on Wheel of Fortune!!!! You will do great (and look great too!):)! I'm glad I could finally see the picture of your new house too - so cute! You guys are busy bees! Good luck with everything and hope to see you soon!
Love,
JH

Sweet Simplicity said...

Wow! That is crazy that it all happened within like 2 hours! WHEEL OF FORTUNE--how exciting! I love that show!

Jennifer Owens said...

Okay that is so amazingly awesome that you get to be on wheel of fortune!!!! I feel like I know a celebrity or something. Congrats!!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, How fun.. I can't wait to watch you on wheel of fortune and I am praying you win big prizes.. How stinkin' fun..

and congrats on finder good renters.. that is hard these days..

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a week! So many exciting events all at once. I'm jealous that you will be on Wheel of Fortune. That's the only game show I ever do well playing at home. I hope you win big!!

Tori said...

HOLY COW! I am jealous!! You'll have to keep me informed so I can watch for you...

Congrats on the house, we own a duplex and every year we have to find new renters and it can be scary because you want to find someone to treat your house the way you would...it sounds like you guys have!!

Annikke said...

God's timing is never the same as ours....sometimes he moves fast and others he moves slow!

sassy stephanie said...

I knew it would work out for guys! How awesome too, that you are helping another couple out by giving them a great place to live!

I can't wait to read about your WOF appearance!

Michele said...

Wow....I can't believe you're going on Wheel of Fortune!!! That's fantastic. You better let us know when, so we can watch!!

Congrats on renting out the house, especially to someone you know.

Hugz,
Michele

In Definition said...

that is crazy!!!! i'm so excited for you:)

Heathahlee said...

Wow! What a day you had Tuesday! I am so excited to see you on Wheel! We don't watch it like we used to, but I will definitely watch when you're on!

N said...

Oh what fun!! You get to be on Wheel of Fortune! :D

Erin said...

How cool! You'll be famous!!! :) Let us know when it will air!

Elizabeth said...

God is so good and I love how His plans are PERFECT:) You maybe should do a poll on here to find out what you should wear?! Just a thought. Can't wait to see you on TV:) (hopefully before too!!)

Anonymous said...

that is soo cool! tell us when the show airs on tv!!

Anonymous said...

Wheel of Fortune?!?!? WHOA! You're gonna be famous!

Love the new house! It's so exciting to get a new house, we just moved in to ours last week!

Anonymous said...

that is too exciting! and to think it happened in like one day!! i am soo excited for you!

Unknown said...

OH wheel of fortune! How exciting! I'll have to watch for you!

Unknown said...

oh and what to wear...hmm I always love newport news clothing. Here are some cute pants (on clearance too!)
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_ensemble.aspx?ifn=S0798037_BT07_059&effort=10&style_id=28741097&clear=1&index=43&gp_coll_id=0&gp_cat_id=7528&nav_cat_id=7544

with a shirt like this

http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=32873097&clear=1&index=18&gp_coll_id=0&gp_cat_id=7528&nav_cat_id=8930&category_id=8933
or I love this dress:
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=30388097&clear=1&index=5&gp_coll_id=0&gp_cat_id=7528&nav_cat_id=8941&category_id=8943

Hope this inspires!

Claremont First Ward said...

Congrratulations are definitely in order!

Megan said...

Ahhh!!! I am SOOO excited you get to be on WOF!!!! I can't wait to watch the episode you are on!!!!! Have a great weekend!!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Awesome. On both counts.

Rachel said...

How exciting...congrats! Win Big! Dont buy a lot of vowels...LOL

tiarastantrums said...

congrats on all house luck!!

love that you get to spin the wheel! - so cool!

Ginny said...

I'm behind on reading, that is SO cool! My grandma tried getting on that show twice in the past, lol. Congrats, too cool!

Ginny said...

Had to comment again, the word verification was CHEAT. Thought that was a funny one, especially on a post about a game show :)r

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker