Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Mayhem - College Retreat

We had an awesome weekend on the College Retreat! My hubby is the college minister at our church, and we had the privilege of taking our students on a retreat this weekend. We ate ourselves silly, played TONS of card games, football, bocci ball, and had some incredible sessions of worship and Bible study. Here are some pics and videos from the weekend:


We started off the trip with a big feast of chips and hot dogs




Followed by an evening of non-stop card playing! We played Go Fish, Spoons, Mafia, Drug Dealer, and a few card tricks (yes, I promise this was a church function, and no actual drugs were involved...)


We also did some team building activities, like this paper maze. Hubby already had a path written out to get through this chart of paper, and we had to work together as a team to guess the path, and remember it!


We also played an intense game of touch football as well as Bocci Ball! I wish I had a picture of the box from bocci ball...its from the 70's and its hysterical :) Anyways, here's the action shot:



10 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

Those hotdogs look good! I am glad you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time - what a wonderful way to spend the weekend! Good for you!

Weeksie50 said...

I love Bocci Ball..
Some people at my church have a Bocci pit in their back yard.

Brandi said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love retreats. Where did you guys go?

Julie said...

Hi, I didn't know your husband was the college minister. I work with Campus Crusade for Christ and I thought I would pass along an English camp we do over here... if any of your students want to come join us for the summer. The weblink is http://www.speakout.hu/staff/Speak_Out.html
It is for high school and college students to come join us. It is so much fun and a great project. Just thought I would pass it along. We are always looking for people to come work with us :)

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a fun weekend! I stuffed myself silly, too! Why do we do that!?! Its not like you feel good afterwards.

Michele said...

Oh my...those hot dogs look really good! It sounds like you guys had so much fun!

Have a great week!
Hugz,
Michele

sassy stephanie said...

I wanna be in your college group!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Great Pictures! Thanks for all the info from your retreat. Looks like, once again, Zack did an incredible job! Good to talk with you today! Love,mom xoxoxoxooxooxo

tiarastantrums said...

this looks like a fantastic weekend!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker