ATTENTION!!! beep b-beep beep beep!!!! Tomorrow is Friday, September 19...THE very last day you can send your swap buddy package! So, if you have not sent it yet, DO IT NOW!!! well, not right NOW, but as soon as you read my blog and leave a comment, THEN would be a great time to zoom off to the post office and send your package of favorite things!!!
And please be sure to take a picture of what you received and email it to me! I want to do a post next week to share what everyone's favorite things are!
Now, onto my thoughts...
So we are going on day 5 of no power at our house. Last night we finished cleaning out the fridge and scrubbed it down. Our stack of laundry is piling up, so i'm about to have to apply the "turn all your clothes inside out and wear them for another day" rule :)
1. Bags of ice do not stay bags of ice very long in a powerless fridge...they melt and fill the fridge with water.
2. Do not attempt to go into a room at night without a candle. Bad things can happen. Toes can be broken.
3. Always be sure to have a supply of candles somewhere around the house. You never know when a massive windstorm will reak havoc on your city. And here's to all the times Zack has made fun of my massive collection of candles...not so funny now, huh??? :)
4. Days end sooner...when it gets dark at 8:15, its bedtime. There's nothing else to do! Its too hard to read by candlelight.
5. Our iPhones with the internet have been such a blessing. Although running the cars just to charge them has been annoying...
6. When you don't have the distractions that electricity provide (ie TV, movies, internet) you get SO much more stuff done that you always have sitting on your To-Do list. Yesterday Zack got the garage cleaned out, I painted some furniture, and we finally got pictures of stuff taken to post on Craigslist to sell...it only took us all summer...
7. Don't ever try to apply your makeup by candlelight. I'm pretty sure that's how clowns do it.
8. If you have a male in the house, INSIST he uses a candle when going to the bathroom. Its essential.
9. You can only eat dry food that does not require cooking of any sort for so long.
10. Bonfire's are yesterday's Martha Stewart kitchens. :) Its amazing what you can attempt to cook over a flame!
Well, there you have it, folks. Life at The Pink Potpourri HQ for the past week. What is something you've learned in life from an experience?