Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hilarities: Paris Look-alike & Catch Up!

I'm back! Finally. But, we are still without power and electricity at our home. But of course it has been restored at work. Grrrr :(


Anyways, a massive wind storm blew through our city on Sunday afternoon from Hurricane Ike. It was a very eerie experience. Have you ever seen I Am Legend? It was like that. For the past few days 400,000 people have been without power, gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants have been closed and schools are out. I definitely enjoyed my paid time off of work! It was hard to come back today :(

Anyways, moving on, today's post will have a laugh or two, and some updates that have happened since last Friday. So here we go!

Today's Hilarity is brought to you by my sister, featuring some Photoshop work she did. Ok, it might be really hard to see this, but that's not actually Paris Hilton's face. I know, I know, you may have to look really hard, but that is actually me:


***disclaimer: in no way do I support, like or am a fan of Paris Hilton. I did not choose to look like her. It is a sacrafice I make every day :)

Here's another funny for you. My husband hasn't figured out yet that he doesn't have to hold onto the sprinkler to water the lawn. I tried to explain to him that its made to be put on the ground, and go back and forth by itself.


Ha :) ok, I can't let y'all think he's actually that dumb. He was watering a specific part of the lawn real quick, and I snapped the shot. My fake explaination above is more entertaining!

And finally, we got a driveway!!! Here's some pics of our new paved drive, some of the aftermath of twigs and leaves in our yard after the windstorm, and our newly stained deck!!!!






I'm so glad to be back with y'all! I look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing what you guys have been up to!

24 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it through the storm safe. That stinks you were without power for all those days - ugg - but nice you got to be off work I guess. I have never been in that situation but I imagine it's not fun to have no lights or anything - yuk!

Love the pics - too funny!

Your deck looks really nice by the way!

How's your back?

Weeksie50 said...

I have missed reading your post.
I am glad all is well...

Here's hoping the power to your home is restored soon..

Becky

Whitney said...

Gracious! I am glad you are back! :)

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back! Th picture of Paris? Hilarious! But I think you look like Gwyneth Paltrow...

Casey said...

glad you made it without any damage to your home.

we are still without power too. hopefully it comes back soon so we can go back to normal...i think the thing i really miss right now is hot showers!!!

Lexy said...

Glad to hear you made it through safe!

Meg said...

I think you look like gwyneth paltrow in that picture! Seriously, almost twin like in the face.

Tori said...

I think you look like gwenth too! Glad to see you are ok!! Your driveway and deck look awesome!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I have to agree, I think you look like Gwyneth too!

Your deck and driveway look great.

Megan said...

The deck looks greaaaaaat! I mean, "that's hott!!" haha

Annikke said...

Glad you are back and that you made it through the storm ok.

The deck and driveway look wonderful! Congrats!

Claremont First Ward said...

I like your explanation of the watering better, too, although I didn't believe for a second that he didn't know that already. :)

Glad you are back home. I can't imagine how surreal that whole experience must have been......and not in a good way.

Um, of course we could tell that wasn't Paris. You are WAY prettier.

Michele said...

Glad you're safe...we had quite the storms here in Wisconsin too! Lots and lots of rain...yuck!

Love the pictures...tooo funny!

Hugz,
Michele

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your deck looks great! I love the stain color! I hope everyone gets power soon!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad I am not crazy! Last night when Kendall "created" your Paris Pic...I thought, "hmmm, she looks more Gwyneth Paltrow, than my own daughter, Allison!" But then, as I sat here and brought up your post...I REALLY thought your resembled her! Thank goodness, that other faithful followers of the Pink Potporri agree and spotted the resemblance as well! Gwyneth is very fortunate to have such a beautiful look a like! Maybe she'll come and see YOU in person when you make your TV debut on WOF! :D Have a funnrie kind of day! Probably see you on Friday when I bring Kendall back. God Bless, Love, mom xoxoxo

Lindsay said...

Glad your back with blogworld. Isn't it funny the things we LOVE when we get "older" like new driveways and decks?! LOL. Funny pic too - love it!

tiarastantrums said...

welcome back - glas to hear everything is perfect!

Laural Out Loud said...

Looks like lots of other people were thinking the same thing about you looking a heck of a lot like Gwyneth Paltrow! In fact, when I first saw the picture, that's who I thought it was.

Alison Mayes said...

We finally got our power back yesterday and I was going crazy! Will you get power soon?

Unknown said...

Wow! That's quite a storm. I hope your power is back on soon!

Mrs Anne said...

So glad you're back!

as for the sprinkler... Men and Sprinklers have a bizarre love relationship that can't be put into words. It's best to just watch with caution. :)

LOVE the deck! :)

welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Hey Paris! Haha, NOT! Cute pic. Your house looks awesome! I love the deck stained and the driveway looks great! You guys are kicking booty on that house! Congrats! Sorry you've been without power - that's brutal. We had a lot of wind up here but no damage. Whew!
Miss you!
JH

sassy stephanie said...

Oh my gosh. Hubby with the sprinkler is too much!!

We are STILL without power! Meanie Ike!

Unknown said...

That's amazing! You do look like her. Even prettier : )! I just saw your blog today for the first time and it seems very interesting. I am going to poke around more, and definitely come back : )!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker