Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Doggy Swim Day

Fez had a great weekend. It was his first "Doggy Swim Party"!!! One of the local state parks that has a dog park hosted its annual Dog Swim Day where they drain the public pool down and let all state registered dogs come and swim all day! They even had doggy party bags filled with treats! It was hysterical...dogs running around the pool, jumping in and out, playing fetch and doing the doggy paddle :)


Here are some pics from Fez's party. He made quite a few friends, but his most favorite thing to do was play fetch with the tennis ball. He loves to swim, but it was a bit overwhelming with so many big dogs swimming around. So he stayed more in the shallow end, and constantly wanted us to throw the ball out into the water.






In other news, here's the update on our deck! Zack was able to finish the end banisters, and now the last project is to find a gate! There's a shop where this lady buys items from estate sales and resells them, and she has quite a collection of cast iron gates, so we're going to go check that out today.


And finally, we decided to grill out burgers and corn on the cob last night. lately, a multitute of pesky flies have been ruining our outdoor meals, so we decided to create our own fly trap while the burgers were grilling. amazingly enough, no flies came around! maybe it was the smell of the gorilla glue, or the view of their dead friend that frightened them away, but they steered clear last night!

Our makeshift fly trap:


Our first and only victim: HAHA!!!

ps...check out this awesome giveaway on Glamerous Housewife's page!

19 lovely comments:

Whitney said...

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen for dogs! What a great idea! :) Looks like you had a fun weekend.

Meg said...

OMGooodness! That would be so fun to go to!

Karen said...

Great fly trap. I love how your deck turned out. It's gorgeous!

Megan said...

I had never heard of a "doggy swim party" --I want a dog so bad! I am trying to convince Dave..maybe i'll "buy" him one for his birthday. :0) He wants a dog too, but wants to wait until we buy a house.

You should submit your fly trap to Tip Junkie! ha ha ha :)

Expat No. 3699 said...

I'd love to be able to take our dogs to a swim party. How cool is that?

Great fly trap! I love Gorilla Glue!

Don't forget my Gove-Away this week!

Anonymous said...

I have never seem a "dog swim party" - that is SO fun!!!

And the deck looks great!

And I WON your give-away!! I never win anything - thanks!!!!

Michele said...

We have the same thing for dogs in Milwaukee...I go just to watch them all. My little Bear is too chicken to be out there with the big guys!

What a different approach to killing flies. I'll have to try it..we have so many around our house...they must have all hatched at the same time.

Hugz,
Michele

Mrs Anne said...

LOVE the doggy pool party!

Our pool does that too! :)

sassy stephanie said...

Man would my dog dig that!

Bee said...

My dogs would have loved that!! What a fun weekend you had!!

Heathahlee said...

I have never heard of a doggy swim party! That is hilarious! He looks like he had so much fun! I think my Shelties would find the water too much for themselves. Our Golden Mix puppy woud LOVE it, though. Too cute!

Weeksie50 said...

How fun! I never dreamed that that they have swimming days for dogs.. Looks like lots of fun for you and your doggy.

Rick said...

I just happen to surf back to Rhea's blog to read more and saw where you kindly supported my thoughts. Thank you.

So, you married to the most wonderful man in the world? I got to meet this guy someday.

MediMonsters said...

Awww. I want a doggy swim day!! My boxers would love that. We have them a small round pool in the yard for them.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I wish we had a doggy swim day in my city! That looks like so much FUN! The deck looks fabulous!

Lindsay said...

Okay - I was going to start off my commenting on the dog swim day, but got a little further and saw that hilarious fly trap! Ingenius I tell you...not to mention too funny!

We used to take our dogs to a swim day at the end of the year too - only they left the pools FULL for the dogs....great fun for crazy dog owners!!

Ritch in Love said...

Look how happy they all are!! i bet those tails were just a waggin' away!

Unknown said...

Oh, what a fab idea for dogs! Looks so fun!

Melissa said...

How cute is the pool party! What a neat idea! I'm glad your dog had fun!

Melissa :D

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker