Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Art Class

A-L-E-R-T!!!
Today is the absolute LAST DAY to sign up for My Favorite Things Swap!!!
Alrighty you procrastinators, email me right away! And if you're visiting for the first time, I'd like to personally invite YOU to sign up for our swap!!! :)

Last week I had a dreaded dentist appointment. Dentist appointments are no fun in any way, shape or form, but they are ten times worse when you go knowing you have a gaping hole in your tooth and a filling (or two) is pretty much guaranteed :(

So before the appointment, my mom and I stopped by the junior high school where my sister works as an art teacher! We checked out her room, toys, art projects and took lots of fun pics :) I'm pretty sure ALL the kids have a blast in art class with Mrs. Smith!

Kelly and some sort of monster that lives in the classroom

Kel and I playing with some of her desk accessories. That's a crayola crayon thermos, in case you were inquiring...

How many items can you recognize on her bookshelf? Sadly, I admit that we too have a Napoleon Dynamite doll at our house. He stands guard on a shelf next to the door in my husband's professional office :)

Its always polite to leave a 'thank you for letting me visit' note. Its always more fun when they have a dry erase board to leave it on.

Kel busy at her desk!

Mom and Kel! Mom got her these flowers during her first week of school! They look beautiful on the desk!

12 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for the swap!!!!

Meg said...

So excited for the swap, too!

Your sister seems awesome! I love thermos and shelf!

Alison Mayes said...

I finally signed up for the swap! But I can understand your not liking the dentist. I dread the appointments for days!

MereinSC said...

look's like a fun little visit! my cousin teaches 4th grade and i love going to visit her classroom!

and i hate the dentist...i would rather do anything else in the world, honestly!!

Michele said...

You guys are a cute family!!! Looks like a fun classroom..my art class never looked like that..it was boring!!!

Hugz,
Michele

Claremont First Ward said...

You all are SO beautiful! :)

Expat No. 3699 said...

I'm also looking forward to the swap. We're Napolian Dynomite fans too.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I bet all the kids love your sister's class! Can't wait for the swap to begin!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Awww, you guys look like you're having so much fun!

~ Sarah

SmilingSally said...

What a beautiful classroom.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You all look alike and very pretty! What fun to have an art teacher in the family.

Hope the dentist visit went better than expected!

Jillian

Heathahlee said...

I would love a Napoleon Dynamite doll for my bookshelf, too! Hee hee!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker