Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trendy Tuesday - Keds

When I was growing up, the basic white Keds were totally cool. Everyone knew if you had the "real deal" or not, cause the real ones had that little blue "keds" sign on them that the knock offs didn't. Over the years, Ked's has tried to keep up with the flow of fashion, which is fine, but I was stunned the other day to see these Do-Si-Do Linen Wedges:


I LOVE wedges, but the thought of mixing that look with Keds just doesn't appeal to me. It would be like Reebok hightops adding a wedge...

Anyways, although I'm not a huge fan of the big wedge, Ked's does make these super cute mini wedges that I think I might have to try out:








16 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

mini wedge...very cool! Trendy, in fact. Have a great Tuesday! Love, mom oxoxoxxoo

Ripley F. :-) said...

Woah.....those mini wedges are cute!!!

Meg said...

They have cute shoes in their slip on section, too. I just have one question? Why are keds that expensive? I always thought of them as cheap. I'm not paying $50 for a pair of shoes(unless its like a running shoe).

Michele said...

I do love those mini wedges...I'll have to scope them out! I remember Keds...lol!

Hugz,
Michele

Amy said...

I love those mini wedges, the others not so much :)

N said...

Oh how cute! The mini wedges that is, not the other ones...those are...well, strange. :D

Megan said...

I do like the mini wedge, not a fan of the wedge though!

Karen said...

i like the mini wedge too! Very cute! The other one, still looks like a broken neck to me.

The Shillingburg's said...

Should've called the big wedges "Do-Si-DON'T." Get it?? Yeah, I'm lame.

Pleasant Living said...

Keds are the first childhood status symbol that I recall. I remember, if you didn't have the blue tag, you just weren't quite "it".

Megan said...

It was supposed to be the end of September, but I think we're pushing it back to early October because the weather will still be nice & we have a less likely chance of hurricane weather. What about you guys?!?

Heathahlee said...

Yeah, the second one...that's the ticket! : )

Sissy said...

I remember my mom wouldn't buy me Keds when I was in middle school cause my feet were growing so fast. So I took her old ones and cut the blue tag off that back and glued it to my cheap K-mart versions. The things we do to be trendy, huh?

The Beauty Bargainista said...

oh my gosh, I could not agree more. the keds just dont have it. But I remember having them as a kid in the 80's with my layered socks!!! Good times! :)

Anonymous said...

i like the 2nd ones!

Anonymous said...

I live in China and I have to say that the high-wedged tennis shoe is very common here! But I have to agree that it's pretty ugly.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker