Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thoughtful Thursdays: Praying for your Husband

I love my hubby. He's the most incredible man in the whole world. Everyday, I strive to do things special for him, and be the best wife for him that I can be.

One of the best things I can do for him is to pray for him daily. I recently found this helpful list of how I can pray for him. I hope this can benefit you as much as it has me!

How to Pray for my Husband
Head to Toe!

His Head –That he will look to You as Lord of his life. (1 Corinthians 11:13)

His Mind - That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)

His Eyes –That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)

His Ears - That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him. (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)

His Mouth – That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:14)

His Neck –That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful. (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)

His Heart-That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6;5, Proverbs 3:5)

His Arms-That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)

His Hands-That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)

His feet – That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)

16 lovely comments:

Meg said...

I have a book called The Power Of The Praying Wife. Its a pretty neat book.

Whitney said...

I, too, have a book called "Praying for your Husband". It's great. I love the prayer you listed, too....I have seen that before and it's just so neat. It is just so vital to cover your husband in prayer. Great post! :)

The Shillingburg's said...

I absolutely love that!!! Thanks! Hope you have a great Thursday!

Pleasant Living said...

Love your blog! I, also, have "The Power of a Praying Wife". I use it every day to guide my prayer for my husband, but I LOVE the scriptures that go with these. I think I'm going to put them on cards for my scripture memory verses. Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Ripley F. :-) said...

Well, I'm not married, but I'm going to try to remember that prayer. :-)

Check out my blog...I'm trying to get better at posting! :-)

*K said...

So crazy that you posted this today. Last night as I was laying in bed, I felt the need to pray for my 'future husband'. Although, I have no idea who he may be - I still prayed for him, and I was kind of having a hard time knowing what to pray about.

Thanks so much for your "Thoughtful Thursdays" posts!

Sara Fleming said...

i love that and will definitely use it...thanks so much for sharing!!!

Nancy said...

I think praying scriptures truly pleases God. And to offer them up for husband is even more!

Thanks for the list and references!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, always...Love mom oxoxo
It's crazy, crazy here at the resort!

Megan said...

I think this is a great post. I think i'm going to make the list pretty using the computer and keep it for later :)

Anonymous said...

Yes! I still have this in my desk from when you sent it to me a few months ago. I am going to think of a creative way to make sure I think of it every day. It is so important that we honor and cherish our wonderful hubs!
JH

Angie said...

Thank you for this reminder. . . and from reading the other comments, I am reminded that I need to pray DAILY for Edison's future wife.

20Birds said...

i love praying scripture, and allie thanks for stopping by, our house and my life is near chaos with packing signing documents, faxing, scrounging boxes from the grocery store, your comment was like a refreshing cup of water

Liz Harrell said...

Fabulous post. It's so easy to forget to pray for the one person we love the most (mostly b/c let's face it, he's around all the time). But these are great scriptures to remember.

Heathahlee said...

This is so good! Thank you for reminding that one of the best ways to love them is to pray for them!

The Shillingburg's said...

Ok, so I posted you on the blog, then a friend from College Station said that someone had posted your blog on their group page (it's called BCS mama's...like a forum or something). You're taking over Texas!!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker