Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday Mayhem

Ahhh, back to the grind after a long, relaxing holiday weekend. It can be quite a struggle to get back into the swing of things, can't it? Well, don't worry, I have just what you need...pictures from our weekend!


I know, you all have been dying to see these. Because no one else is posting their July 4th pics on their blogs/facebook :)

We had a lovely evening at Symphony on the Prairie. We brought a huge picnic dinner with fried chicken, potato and macaroni salads, baked beans, and four desserts! YUM! We listened to beautiful patriotic music by the Indianapolis Symphony and an incredible fireworks show at the end!

The rest of the weekend was filled with fishing, shopping, and our new favorite card game, NERTS! Or as mom says, "SNERTS!" :) I think at the end of one game I yelled, "NUTS!" Its a crazy game, I tell you.
Anyways, here's some fun pictures!

The whole Roche/Potter/Parker/Smith clan eating our picnic!


Mom and Dad

6 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I LOVE the pictures and can not get enough of all of our fun and fabulous 4th of July memories...it all goes soooo fast! You did fail to mention my superduper buy and contribution to our 4th celebration...the glow sticks! They were awesome! Speck so!

Yes, Nerts IS a great game and is right up there with shang high rummy! I love Nerts because we had to work as teams and it was the best when 8 of us were playing!

We loved having everyone together and FILLING our table of 10! Thanks for coming the distance and enduring the expense of gas and the time of travel. For it blessed many of us greatly!

Happy Monday! Congrats to Tara! Must run for O'Malias is calling my name and my never ending list! So thankful the Lord has blessed us with funds and that our table is always filled with our needs. God Bless! Love, mom oxoxoxo

p.s. Only 9 more days until your 3rd anniversary!!! Time flys when you are having fun!

Whitney said...

Looks like a good time! So fun! :)

Chad said...

NERTS is awesome. We love playing it down here in Alabama.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous weekend at the "resort!" All of you look so good, happy, and precious in HIS sight! Between you and your mama, I'm now committed to learn to play Nerts! In fact, off I go to the internet to retrieve instruction! Love you, sweet girl...and miss all our potter/parker/smith/roche families! MamaPooch

NNA said...

Hi, I found your blog post through a search for "Nerts". It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

Heathahlee said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun! I lurve playing Nertz! It's so much fun and ranks right up there with Pit for craziness! I haven't played Nertz in so long I'd have to relearn it!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker