Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Great Buys

What a wonderful weekend...with all the busyness, shopping, working, fellowship and weather changes. Saturday morning, Zack had a moving job, so I got up early with him and hit the garage sales. Fez and I were out on the streets by 8 am sharp. And good thing we were! The first house we stopped at is where I found my gems, or treasure, if you will.


Now, I'm not really a "clothes shopper" at garage sales, but for some reason, I decided to scope this string of hangers out. It was definitely a God thing. I start shuffling through the shirts, and notice they are ALL Burberry, Ralph Lauren Polo, J. Crew, and Banana Republic. Now, for us, these clothing brands are a treat, and we NEVER buy them at retail price. So, I ended up with 6 polo and button up shirts, from all of these brands for $1 a piece!

*pat pat* on my shoulder :)

Anyways, I come back to the car, gleaming with my super buy, and of course tell Fez about my bargain, only to notice that I had made a HUGE mistake...I left my delicious, hazelnut, warm cup of morning coffee in the car, in the console, right at "doggy tongue reach" :( Out pours the coffee.

Well, my weekend gets even better. Sunday afternoon, Zack had some business calls to make, so I decided to take Fez to the Dog Park. I am enjoying the warm, quiet afternoon, reading my wonderful book, "When God Whispers Your Name" by Max Lucado, when I notice that only the "big dog" water dishes are filled. So, I get up to fill up the mini one for Fez. As I am filling up the bowl, this little old lady, who looks like the wind could blow her over, walks in with this white fuzzy dog, not much bigger than Fez. All of a sudden I hear, "No, Sugar, No!" I turn around to see the white fuzzy dog squatted PEEING ALL OVER MY PURSE!!!

Oh no he didn't.

The frail little lady looks at me and says, "He pees on anything on the ground." And walks away.

It's not like there were a million dogs there. There were three other dogs, no one around me and I had gotten up for like 5 seconds to leave. Otherwise, I probably would not have left my purse on the ground. And secondly, the dog didn't just like "squirt" to mark his territory. It appeared that this pooch hadn't peeed allll day. Can you see the pee marks?


On the plus side, at least I did not take my Coach purse.

The weekend was ended with a lovely dinner on the river at Joe's Crab Shack. I had a free coupon for an appetizer, so we enjoyed food and fellowship on the river during sunset. In this photo while waiting for our table, Zack has one of his "super buy" shirts on!

8 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...this is GREAT! I did not know about Fez's LOVE for coffee/hazelnut flavor! Ah, yes, the Fezzster and his love for the finer things in life! :D
The shirts look amazing! Good shopping Meeske! Love great buys and you won the prize for this one! Zack looks very fine in his new wares! Well, must run...I have postponed CLEANING for toooo many weeks and I must face this opportunity that the Lord has given me....head on and with much joy! Love you! Love, mom oxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

By the by...who won ffg? Love, mom oxoxoxox
And dad liked the burberry shirt.

N said...

Wow! Great deals on the shirts! I found a nice little pullover sweater at a garage sale Saturday, but name brand polos for a dollar each...that's awesome! :)

Is there any way you can clean your purse, or is it pretty much ruined? I can't believe she didn't even apologize to you!

Whitney said...

I am sorry about your purse. What a bummer!

Anonymous said...

Haha--That really is mayhem!

(I've been a lurker for a little while, but had to de-lurk to comment :-))

kelly said...

what a great find at the garage sale! and what a bummer about your purse!

Ange said...

allie - i love reading your blog - we just started one too - http://okiedokey.wordpress.com

I hope you'll check it out!

love and hugs,

ange

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a deal on those duds! Nice find.

Sorry about the bag...ew.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker