Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Trendy Tuesday - Pacifier Clips

I'm hoping Stone is a big fan of the Binky :) I've seen these pacifer clips in tons of baby shops, and always thought it was a brilliant idea! There are so many cute versions but they are SO expensive. So this weekend I thought I'd try my hand at making my own!


Here's what I came up with...



It wasn't too hard...or too expensive. I got the blue ribbons from Hobby Lobby and they were 50% off. The green camo is from walmart.
I got the clips off of lanyards we had laying around the house...

And covered them with these cute plastic buttons! (sorry...image quality is not too good...those are frogs and monkeys!)

Finally, I attached these buttons on the other end of the ribbon to snap around the loop of the pacifier...

Anyways, it was a fun rainy day project, and I look foward to trying them out on Stone!

16 lovely comments:

LyndsAU said...

what a great idea :) i will have to try making some myself!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Good idea! I love the blue/brown ribbon!

Jennifer Owens said...

Wow, these are great!! What a creative idea. (You should do one for a giveaway, hint, hint!)

Mommy Mac said...

Stone! Love the name! Paci clips are essential for no uh-oh drops, I hear. Neither of my boys liked the paci though.

Hope you are well. I bet your belly is awefully cute!

.mac :)

Kelly said...

they are so cute!!!! You did a great job!!! I love the ribbon and the cute cute cute buttons!!! Stone will be very excited that he will be hanging in style!!! I had fun with you!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Very Cute!

Leslie said...

So cute! I'll have to file that idea away for the future!

Lindsey said...

These are adorable!!!

Tori said...

Those are way cute! bergen didn't really like her binkie until about two months...love the name stone!

I would love to do a giveaway and send you a baby present...will you e-mail me and let me know when and where I can send it?

Casey said...

great idea! i love anything that will cut down on cost and is cute at the same time! :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Good for you! You've got this mom thing down already. :0)

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Stone! Real name? Nick name? So General Hospital LOL! Gavin's middle name is Jagger!

Love it!

Both my boys were binky boys!

Tracie Carlton said...

Great Job Allison!

Brandi said...

How cute, Allison! You should seriously think about opening up an Etsy shop and selling these! I would buy them (if I didn't already have like 7!). :) Great job! (And yes, they do come in handy)

Kari said...

Wow great job! Those are so cute!
Ethan has loved his binky..but I think he's traded it in for his thumb now.

I loved the binky clip I had, though--so helpful!!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I really love the name--always have and it was on my list both times. Very strong name.
You are so creative. I have to tell you though, my husband and I decided to NOT go the paci route. Just didn't do it. Used it just a tad (i mean a tad) in the early beginning to help soothe, but just kinda made do w/o it. I have been so thankfully, especially my friends that have pics with it in their child's mouth and my friends that have 2&3 yr olds that they are trying to wean. Just my 2cents!!!
Miss reading your regular posts, but hope you are feeling well!!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker