Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Mayhem - Productive Weekend

I'm now at almost 23 weeks! My 22 week picture is arriving a little late, but better late than never, right? And don't ask me why, but for some reason the Mango this week appears to be smaller than the cantelope at 20 weeks. I don't pick out the fruit...The Bump does...I just pose with them :)
We had a very efficient, productive weekend! Friday evening we tackled our front yard. Hubby cut down this huge, annoying, in -the-way tree, and I did lots of weed pulling and hedge trimming. I have a fantastic video of the Husband with his chain saw in action cutting down the tree, but I recorded it sideways and don't know how to change it on here.
So here's the before...
And after...


I really should have taken a REAL "after" when everything was cleaned up. It looks fantastic. I don't think I've ever seen our neighbor's yard until now. And when we set on the front porch, we can see so much more now that the tree and other "junk" is cleared out!


In other news, we started our registry at Babies R Us this weekend! I'm still making some adjustments. Why in the world do we need a jumping swing, an excersaucer, a bouncy chair and a baby swing??? And which is best? Ohhhh the decisions. Husband did remarkably well lasting through our registry. I armed him with a Sweet Tea, only asked him to help with the major items, let him hold the Gun and do all the physical work like folding, pulling, snapping, and trying out :)
A few weeks ago, I did a secret shop job of price comparisons that paid us a nice $300! So we treated ourselves with this new video camera for Lil' Pumpkin!!! It's called The Flip...and it is amazing.






As you can see, it is tiny, HD, has like 3 buttons, and as soon as you've recorded something, you pop out the USB and plug it into your computer and you can save it or send it or post it on You Tube. It has a pretty good focus. Its perfect for all of Baby's Things! They don't recommend it for outdoor, moving events, such as his first soccer game, but we have about 3 years before we'll need that anyways :)

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend...I apologize for not posting since Wednesday...I've been pretty busy at work and home, and a little lazy with the blogging :)

18 lovely comments:

mom said...

My, you have had a busy weekend, I'm exhausted just reading the post! :D I LOVE the video camera! My shoulder still sags and aches from the years of carrying around the monstrous sized video camera that dad and I had for every dance residal and cheering event! This looks fabulous! Can't wait to see the hours of video you take of your little one's every move! :D Have a great week! Lots of love, mom oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lindsey said...

Aww you look GREAT! Just glowing!!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

You look adorable!!

Jennifer Owens said...

You look great!!

And registering can be confusing. THankfully you can change things online (which I have done now a thousand times). I didn't register for all of the things you mentioned, but since they grow so fast they only use some of them for only so long. It's definitely hard to decide and since I'm not a mom yet I can't tell you which one you shouldn't live without. I've heard great things about all of them. *sigh*

(o:

Erin said...

I love that you're still doing the fruit pics....and I can't wait to see what you'll have to hold up when it gets close to the end! ;)

Cool video camera! Now how did you manage to shop and get paid $300 at the same time!?!? This sounds like my dream job! Please share!!

Selena said...

You'd be amazed how much stuff you do need for such a little baby! I really recommend all four items you mentioned. We got a couple of ours at yard sales. The bouncy seat & swing are great for the first 6 months, and the exersaucer & jumperoo are wonderful for self entertaining during the 6 - 12 months or until they start walking. Good luck trying to finish up the registry. If you have any questions I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Mrs Anne said...

You look so lovely and twinkly!
:) that bump looks awesome on you!

Congrats on the new cam!

(woot on your little lumberjack!)

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

We bought the Flip video camera a few months ago, too. So far we love it. We bought it for after Amelia comes, too. :)

Megan said...

The Exersaucer is a must-have! It is very entertaining & will give you tons of freedom when the time comes for your little one to use it!

My other favorite item is the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat. We've had two kiddos & have never owned a big, bulky high chair. It is functional & a space saver.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh wow! You look great pregnant and lil pumpkin is coming along!

I too was overwhelmed by the registry and wondered what the heck all of the stuff was for. And yes, like the others said, you will WANT most of those things at the right time. The jumpy swing/seat is really cool...it clips over a doorway and the baby jumps up and down and has a ball. I don't have a jumperoo because I think this is similar to them jumping in the jumpy swing/seat.

The exersaucer we bought on craigslist. A nice grandparenting type couple didn't need it anymore after having it for their grandson on occasion and it was in really great shape.

The Fisher Price Nature swing we bought at a garage sale and it too, looked hardly used. (forty dollars vs 140.00 new) This is MUST MUST MUST for the early months. Trust me.

Also, those gymnasium toys are WONDERFUL for them to start tummy time and learning how to grasp toys in their hands, etc. Another MUST have. I did register for that one and I'm so glad I did!

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have. I'm not an expert, just a mom to a lively 9 month old Bebe! :0)

jasdanseratverizondotnet

G. said...

you look so cute! I haven't been around to comment lately, but looks like everything is going great with the pregnancy. Oh, and I ran across an old email in my inbox about me donating a pair of earrings for your FGF...that was months ago..I'm very scatterbrained and so sorry that I forgot about it. That tends to happen from time to time although usually I am good on my word. I apologize. :)

Roxane said...

You look radiant!

2 Little Irish Boys said...

You look gorgeous!
Fun times cutting down trees-looks like he barely missed the vehicle-LOL!!
Glad you had a nice weekend!

Claremont First Ward said...

What a great treat.

Here's my advice on baby stuff.......some babies love swings.....some hate them (my baby #3 hated the swing, but my #1 and #4 and #5 lived in theirs), so get a mid priced one. None of my kids liked bouncy chairs. Exersaucers are good.......if your child likes them. They were life savers with my twins, but my other kids didn't dig em'. Spend your cash on a good, light weight stroller. I CANNOT live without my Maclaren. :)

Kari said...

Haha, glad Zack made it through all the registering...Bob barely did =)

I remember the must-have list being overwhelming and it took forever to look at all the reviews for the items on the list...a lot of the stuff I just realized I probably could live without/wait until Ethan was odler. I know each baby is different, but for Ethan, he LOVES his bouncy seat and we also got him a nice papasan swing that works wonders!
...and never underestimate the importance of burp rags/bibs and onesies! It's amazing how many of those I go through in a day! Another thing that's handy is a Diaper Sack Dispenser. It comes with small scented trash bags for when you are out somewhere and can't throw a dirty diaper away, or don't want to throw a dirty diaper in a friends trash can--the bag covers the odor. Also, the Diaper Genie II Elite is great for the nursery! Sorry this comment was so long--yikes!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

You are adorable! I remember all the fun of buying for babies! Now it's video games and Barbies! lol!

I wish I had that much green around my house! Wow!

Cute video camera!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Secret Shop? Sounds interesting.

If you only get a few things: swing, extrasaucer! The Jumparoo was shortly lived through and the door way ones have been known to comedown and kill children. The bouncy chair was a blessing with one and the other wouldn't go in it.

Whitney said...

You look so cute!! Time is flying!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker