Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays - Young at Heart

Tonight I am driving up to my hometown to accompany my Grandpa to an awards banquet. This is the second year he's been nominated and won an award for this specific dentistry group (I don't have enough fingers and toes to count alllll the awards he's received!)

This photo is from last year's award banquet


The G's (Grandma and Grandpa) are exceptional people, who I strive to be more like each day. Being in their 80's, they are in a special time of life. They do less than they used to, not the same things as the rest of us, but yet still keep that special bond with all of us.

My mom sent me this email today....one of my favorite videos yet....


To read more about this video and couple, go this Mayo Clinic Link.


Think of someone in the older, wiser years that means something to you. They probably don't have the busy schedule you do...chasing after kids, working a full-time job, eating dinner with friends...Take a moment today to give them a phone call, send them a note, or even drop by just to spend some time with them.

8 lovely comments:

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see you guys tonight! what are you wearing?

Christie said...

This is a great video and a great reminder to be in touch with the older... or rather the wiser, more experienced people in our lives. And congrats to your Grandpa on his award! I love how call your grandparents the "Gs."

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love this photo of your family! What a wonderful thing for you all to do together and celebrate!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Your family is so cute! Yay for great grandparents!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

cute post=) that video is so cute! congrats to your gpa! have a great trip!!

Mrs Anne said...

Your grandparents (and you) are ADORABLE.

that couple made me smile... i LOVE older people... i love their wisdom, grace, and overall outlook on life!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I love that video, and hearing about your grandpa!
My dad is 76-still working, and cuts his own grass (which is five acres), and plants and cares for a huge garden each year...Him and my mom amaze me-and motivate me...

Beth said...

This was a GREAT way to start my day. So so so cute!! :)

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker