Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday: Baby Carnations

***NOTE!!! I just wanted to thank ALLLL of you for your sweet, loving and encouraging comments from Monday's announcement that we're having a baby! I do wish I had enough time to individually thank each one of you on your blogs, but work is not allowing for such freedom, and pregnancy knocks me out at 7 pm :) Soooo...to each and everyone of you wonderful blogger friends, THANK YOU!!!!

When my mom found out she was pregnant with me, my dad brought her home a beautiful bouquet of carnations...3 pink and 3 blue. After about a week or so, all 3 of the blue carnations wilted and died, but the 3 pink carnations kept going strong. 9 months later, they had a girl!

So after revealing to my family over the Easter weekend that we're having a baby, my dad sent me a beautiful bouquet on Monday morning, 3 blue carnations and 3 pink carnations!! Everyone in the office has heard the story of these flowers, and we are all watching intently to see which ones die first!
Of course, we know that the Lord has already knew this baby before it was conceived, and the bouquet is just for fun. We will not be relying on these flowers to determine the sex of our baby :) But it is fun to have this new Family Tradition for all of us girls when we're pregnant!
So, I'll be sure to keep you all posted. The previous picture above is from the day they were delivered, on Monday. Here's the most recent photo from today. As of now, they all seem to be holding on strong!!!

Thanks again, Dad, for these beautiful flowers!

23 lovely comments:

Kati said...

How cool is that. I am excited for this little experiment!!

P.S. Left you some ad love!! Happy Thursday!

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

Aww how sweet! It will be interesting to know if it works or not though!

Elizabeth said...

Oh how neat! Hopefully two don't stay alive until the same time:) Congrats again, you and Zack are going to be great parents.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is a fun way to celebrate!!! Since I have three boys-and they are sooo much fun-I am voting for the blue carnation to win!
LOL

Whitney said...

That is PRECIOUS! Be sure to let us know the last one standing! :)

Megan said...

That is sweet! :0)

mom said...

Thanks for sharing this story. It is one of my favorite "pregnacy" stories for it reveals the heart and joy of an expectant father and now, soon to be grandfather! :D

Oddly, dad nor I thought anything about it at the time when the 3 bluse died in such a quick period of time...but reflecting back...we see that we have 3 girls. ah tee hee hee. I agree, the Lord already knew of this child since the beginning of time and we are just gathering all of the blessings of the daily joy! Keep us posted! Love, mom p.s. still working on my "new name" and might have it narrowed down!

Rachel said...

What a sweet tradition!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

That is such a neat and fun tradition! Keep us updated on which ones survive! What if its one blue and one pink---does that mean twins??? haha!

Amy said...

What a lovely tradition! That is awesome :)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I love that tradition-your Dad is super sweet. Congrats again!!

Karen said...

What a neat tradition and thoughtful Dad.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

that is soo cute! i love it! so fun! can't wait to hear which ones are the last standing=)

Erin said...

That's a neat thing to do...and fun!

Pleasant Living said...

very cute. daddies love their daughters.

Ginny said...

That is such a fun idea, I love it! Will have to remember it for when my girls are pregnant. I will hopefully never need to do this tradition for myself again, lol. My 2 girls are more then enough for me :)

I love all the excitement you are showing, how fun!

Kelley said...

what a cute and fun tradition to continue!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! What a sweet tradition. I love sweet Daddy's. They are just my favorite kind of humans on the planet : ).

yours truly... said...

This is the cutest idea!! I love it!

P.S. I love your blog too!! :)

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Lovely! And a fun way to "find out."

Have a great weekend! By the way, I just loved the thank you cards...but couldn't follow all of the rules today so I'm just paying her a ocmpliment here.

Jillian

Melinda said...

What a neat idea for the flowers. Also, how funny that she ended up with 3 pink flowers and 3 girls. I have been meaning to say congrats but this week has been crazy but I am so happy for you both. You will make wonderful parents. I hope the baby isn't as hyper as his/her dad while he/she is in your tummy :)

Jennifer said...

What a sweet, fun tradition!

And congratulations!

Mrs Anne said...

this is the sweetest thing i've ever heard of.

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker