Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trendy Tuesday: Lips

I always have to have something on my lips...chapstick, lip gloss, or lip stick. I can't leave the house without it on. I even have a little zip up bag full of selections that never leaves my purse.



InStyle has named the MAC Lipglass one of their best beauty buys for 2009. After I run out of all the ones I already have, this will be my next selection.

The only thing I'm super stingy about with lip gloss is the sticky factor. I HATE lip glosses that your hair gets stuck in when the wind blows, or your husband makes a sour face when he tries to kiss you and has to wipe the sticky goop off his own lips. Once that happens, I throw out the tube.

That's why I love Sephora's new lip gloss. I got three trial tubes for a birthday gift from Sephora and LOVE THEM. They are three different shades, each with a light flavor and no stickiness. My most fav is the Bronzed Beauty.

Now if I'm not dressing up, or feeling really laid back for the day, I'll just wear my most favorite chapstick, SoftLips vanilla. My second favorite flavor is cherry :) But hands down this is the best chapstick. Its sleek, the flavors are delicious and it gives your lips a bit of a tingle when you apply it!

And finally, if I'm feeling very fashionable or dressy, my most favorite lip stick is Clinique's Butter Surge Color Shine Lipstick in Perfect Plum. Its the best color for my skin tone and goes with pretty much any outfit I have on. I love it!

So, what is your favorite lip gloss/stick? What can you not leave the house without? Maybe you can sway my preference :)

17 lovely comments:

Meg said...

I normally don't wear anything on my lips but I'm making a list of 101 goals and wearing lipstick/lipgloss is on there.

So thanks for the post. It was helpful!

Unknown said...

I am such a loser because I never wear lipstick ever. I just hate that feeling of something near my mouth.... I love your dressy color. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I agree about the lip gloss thing. I've always desired to wear it however, my lips stick to EVERYTHING! Each other, my hair, cookie crumbs...etc. So...thank you for sharing...must try the sephora brand. Speck so.

Lip sticks...I agree...a must have. I usually wear the colors that blend with my skin tone that come in the free bag of goodies. Can't remember the last tube I actually purchased. Interesting post today. Thanks! See you Friday and tell chef pam "Hi!" and thanks for the helpful suggestions. Love, mom xoxoxoxo

Amy said...

I dont' care for gloss for those exact reasons. My hair sticking to my lips when the wind blows. Yuck!

I love having lipstick on though, I feel naked without it. :)

Rachel said...

Try L'Oreal Infallible Gloss - it lasts forever and is not too sticky, but it is a little. The cool thing is that it does last longer and we have many cool colors =)!

Megan said...

I really like the SoftLips!

Whitney said...

AH! I hate the sticky factor too! How annoying. I have several tubes of MAC Lipglass, and while I LOVE the colors...it is kind of thick and kind of sticky. Maybe you can try some on at the counter before you purchase it.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

My favorite chapstick is no longer sold by Victoria's Secret. I put it on before I go to bed and before I put on lipstick during the day. But I cannot...at all...ever...leave the house without liner/mascara on. I'm a redhead and my lashes are blonde. Very scary looking...without mascara.

Suzanne said...

Clinique's Black Honey Almost Lipstick...perfect shade, can go light or dark. I turned my mom and my sister on to it~

melanie said...

well that would be Mary Kay since i've sold it for 28 years! i believe it's the absolute best......hehehehe

you really have a great website

SplendidlyImperfect said...

With the Lipglass, it's interesting to note that certain colors are stickier than others. I love the lipglass (right now I'm using the plushglass in Big Kiss) but I try them on before buying because I can't handle the sticky either. One of the girls at the counter told me that the darker ones tend to be more sticky because of the extra pigments. Just something to keep in mind!

Sara Fleming said...

i adore any gloss by Nars or Stila (both available at Sephora or Ulta)...the particular Nars one that is my favorite has a kind of dirty name (you might know which one i'm talking about!)...same with my favorite blush made by them), but my skin look heavenly when i combine the two! Stila's gloss is a little too sticky, but the colors are great! i also love any lipstick by Lorac, my favorite make-up brand all-around!

Anonymous said...

I think the MAC lipglaze is kinda think and gooey. Definitely try it before you buy it. I just got some of the tinted chapstick from Bath and Body Works and I really love it.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I LOVE the MAC lip gloss-it is a bit sticky, though...

Roxane said...

Burt Bee's lip balm is the BEST for chapped lips!

Meredith said...

I am not a makeup wearer. The only thing I ever have on is good ole' Chapstick cherry flavor. That is my favorite.

A few years ago, I kept losing all my chapsticks. So, I would always buy a new one when I went to the store. Then, when I cleaned up my room, I found all of them! I had a total of 15-20 Cherry Chapstick tubes.

Needless to say, it has been awhile since I have bought some new Chapstick.

~Meredith

What's next said...

Bath and Body Works, Liplicious - caramel latte is my fav.!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker