Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays - New Sink

My wonderful Husband is SO thoughtful!!!!
To a guy, a sink is a sink.

But to the woman who uses it several times a day to wash the dishes by hand, its a necessity.


For the past two days, Husband has been working vigirously to install this new sink, garbage disposal, fixtures and plumbing. Poor thing...he got so frustrated with it last night, I think he could have cried.

Out of the almost 7 years we've been together, I've never seen a tear shed.
Anyways, here's the new sink Hubby took so much time to put together for me!!!


This is the best "before" picture I could find. You'd think we'd have figured it out by now on our second remodel house to take a "before" picture...



Ta Da! New sink, fixtures and garbage disposal!

This new fixture is AWESOME! It has a built in soap dispenser on the right, and the spout can be pulled out and the water flow can be changed...

Like this!

And finally, here's the awesome garbage disposal switch that he installed on the side of the cabinet. You have to hold it down for it to work, so as soon as you let go, it turns off. Great safety feature!!

Thank you so much, Husband!!!

22 lovely comments:

Rachel said...

Wooohooo...that is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT a man! I would say, he is THE man...but that would be my superstev! :D

LOVE the new sink and the faucet fixtures look awesome! Yeah to Zack for his perseverance! Grand job!...speck so! Love, mom oxoxoxo

The Shillingburg's said...

That is so great!! I'm impressed! Love the fixture. I have one with all the same features and just love it!

Pink Pearls & Muddy Sneakers said...

Ahhh I am so jealous! And very impressed that the Mr. did it all himself :) Enjoy it!

Julie said...

beautiful! Love it

Tori said...

Love it!! Looks good!!

Emily said...

How sweet!!!

I totally know how you feel about getting a new sink...etc. It looks so awesome! Enjoy it!

Emily

Shea said...

Lucky girl!! Enjoy your new sink!!

Mimi Elise said...

aww, thats so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that fixture - so pretty and SO functional.

Lindsey said...

WOW! It looks awesome, what a sweet husband!

Sweet Simplicity said...

Love the spout! Can you send him to my house?? haha!

Erin said...

Isn't it nice to be married to handy man, too!?! :)

Tara Smith said...

We have that same faucet! I love it!

Amy said...

Very nice sink...and VERY sweet hubby!:)

Abby♥ said...

nice!:) that was sweet of your husband

Karen said...

So sweet! I really wonder if guys know how much those little things they do mean to us. I tell mine often, but I just don't think he gets the magnitude of my gratitude.

Love the new fixtures.

Unknown said...

I LOVE it! Does he know that you wrote that he almost cried in this post? I think my husband would FREAK OUT if I ever wrote that to all of blog land : ). Your sink is WAY cool!

Heathahlee said...

Love, love, LOVE that faucet! I'm so jealous! : )

sassy stephanie said...

Oh I love the goose neck and detachable nozzle. Awesome!

kelly said...

it's beautiful & i too love the fixture! what fun... now, are you just "thrilled" to do the dishes?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker