Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thoughtful Thursdays - 99 balloons

This past Sunday was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, talking about the biblical perspective of abortion. After the sermon, they played this video.
***Alert***
Seriously, if you don't have any tissues near by, or you're getting ready to do a presentation at a board meeting, you might consider watching this video at a later time :)



Although this video is sad, it is also a blessing. This sweet couple sees this season of life as a blessing from the Lord. Because they were obedient to His Word, and did not abort this precious baby, they were able to enjoy his presence for 99 days. Their faith in the Lord gave them the gift of Eliot for the number of days he was to be on this earth, and to glorify Him through this experience.

11 lovely comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this video. I almost did not watch it and then I would have missed a blessing. God used Eliot to reveal a heart of a mom and dad that I would say would stand as my heros. They decided to trust the Lord and to see life through blessings instead of pain and remorse. Their positive attitudes in a desparate and trying circumstance are excellent examples for us all on how we view everything God places in our paths. This tiny little boy received the unconditional love of his parents and all that embraced that situation and knowing that Eliot is whole and healed...give praise to the One and Only King enthroned above.

A grateful heart, one surrendered and trusting Him...what a beautiful thought for this Thursday!

I look forward to seeing you one week from today for your BIRTHDAY! A most wonderful thought for this mom! I Love you! God Bless, Love, mom oxoxox

Caroline said...

oh i started crying! that was so sad. But o so sweet! thanks for sharing! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've actually seen this before and it is so sad.

Sara Laverty said...

this is a great video! one of my friends here is a friend of matt and ginny and she said what is shown on this video is just a slice of how obedient and godly they are. it is an amazing story and i'm so glad it is being told via the internet and all over the world - they were on oprah a few months ago!

Elizabeth said...

I have seen this video before and it is so powerful. I can only pray that if faced with the same uncertainty in our life, we would prove faithful. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to watch it on a day that I need a good cry. Last time I watched it I was pregnant and hormonal and it was a mess:)

Nancy said...

Wow, what a powerful story. Only 99 days and what an impact. Oh, what God can do if we only obey!
Thanks for sharing it.

Pleasant Living said...

You were right, it did bring up unbelievable emotion in me. Thank you for sharing that sweet story of Jesus' love!

Kelly said...

so, what did you think of my cake skills, yo?! also, tell me what type of cake you want so i can make it! i already know what will be on the outside ;) :D atehehhe. i think you'll enjoy!

Erin said...

Wow, what a story that couple has to share. Thanks for posting this!

The Shillingburg's said...

I thought to myself, oh I won't cry...I borderline sobbed. It was amazing. I pray that God will burden the hearts of leaders to celebrate and protect life, at any stage. Thanks!

Kelley said...

That video is so intensely amazing. God has a purpose for every single child. Thank you for sharing!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker