Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday Mayhem - Balloon Festival

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night we went to the city's annual Balloon Festival at one of the local airports. We ran into some great friends of ours from the seminary and talked to them for awhile, then toured through the balloons, got some hand-squeezed lemonade, a bag of kettle corn, pulled out the camp chairs and watched the spectacular fireworks show. Afterwards, lots of families left, but we stuck around, enjoying our snack and listed to the live band. It was an awesome date for under $20!






Saturday Zack had a huge paper to write, so I took my knitting bag and sat outside a coffee shop on one of our favorite streets. I listened to some music, sipped my tea, did some people watching and practically knit a whole neckwarmer in one sitting! I enjoyed it very much :)

If you haven't seen this moive, you most definitley should go with your spouse. We watched it last night and LOVED it. Be sure to wear your waterproof mascara and take a box of kleenex because it IS a tearjerker!


PS...go check out this giveaway at The Glamorous Life of a Housewife. Its for a great cause!

20 lovely comments:

sassy stephanie said...

I didn't know this movie was out! We loooooved Facing the Giants. Have the DVD and watch it all the time. The balloon fest looks like so much fun. Are you near Vegas? My parents went to one there recently.

BTW, I'm starting a new self study by Beth Moore on John. You helped me get back into the swing of things!!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Hot air balloons always amaze me. I would love to see them up close like that.

And aren't cheap dates the best - sometime we have the most fun when we spend the least amount of money!

Whitney said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Friday night. How fun!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, that Balloon festival looks like so much fun..

I wanna see Fireproof so bad but it didn't come to my town this weekend.. Ugh.

The Shillingburg's said...

It was a tear jerker...and I'm not much of a crier!! Glad you had such a great weekend. Hope your Monday is just as good. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the funnzies of your date night! The balloons look fabulous! We have had our own balloon fest here at the "Resort" recently. One night last week, we had about 100 canadian geese on our little pond, about 14 ducks, and then 2 fabulous hot air balloons floated right above us! It was at sunset and it was perfect! The geese departed in 2 teams, the ducks rejoiced in THEIR recapture of their pond and Grandma, in her clearest state of her day said, "Oh, this is SO much fun!" Good times to be had with outdoor pleasures, food, and fam!

Yes, FIREPROOF is a must see! Even better is the LOVE DARE book that is used in the movie...now available to all of us for 40 days and then again, 40 days, and again, 40 days...etc.! It is a grand tool after seeing the movie and taking the Scripture and applying it to your life!

Have a marvelous monday! Love, mom xooxoxoxoxo

Casey said...

we went to the balloon glow last year...it was alot of fun!

tiarastantrums said...

sounds like a great weekend!!

Rachel said...

you two look sooo cute!

Glad to hear you had a great time. My mom has been to the New Mexico Balloon Fest a few times...it's amazing all the balloons...and you had one right in your ear...how great! and for $20 bucks!

Unknown said...

Wow, I wonder if this is playing at only a few select theaters. It isn't in any of ours. The baloon date sounded delightful! Your blog is so nice! Very encouraging. I don't know what a neck warmer is...a scarf?

Michele said...

Looks like that balloon fest was a blast! What a great date!

I want to see Fireproof, but I'll have to watch it by myself..Glenn's not into sappy movies.

Have a great week!
Hugz,
michele

Megan said...

I reallllly want to see that movie, I just saw previews for it last week, I didn't know it was out yet. I haven't ever heard of a balloon festival, but that seems fun! You & your husband are so cute!

Heathahlee said...

Those balloons are so pretty!

We plan on going to see "Fireproof" soon. We LOVE "Facing the Giants" and know that "Fireproof" will be just as good.

Meagan said...

Those balloons are amazing!!! You two are adorable!!

Expat No. 3699 said...

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of "fireproof"?

What a great date night. How cool to see all those balloons like that.

Sweet Simplicity said...

What a great weekend! Your time at the coffee shop sounds so relaxing.

Ripley F. :-) said...

That looks like lots of fun!!! :-)
I went to a balloon festival once...it was so cool!

Unknown said...

I love hot air balloons! Lucky you to have a show so close to you!

Casey said...

i really like to knit but i'm not the most experienced...so i have alot of projects that are half done becuase i stop when i get to the hard parts! haha! we should totally get together sometime!

Mrs Anne said...

As much as I hate balloons, I think I would LOVE the hot air balloon festival. They have one here too and I've always wanted to go (this year I was out of town)... how fun would it be to ride one!?

:) Sounds like a great time!

Baby Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker